Giving out a bad vibe over the phone...

SilentAndShy

So, I'm writing a small article for a start-up magazine and for it, I'm hoping to interview someone.

This chap and I got chatting on Twitter and to clarify some details he said me for to ring him. I thought, maybe I could delay it till tomorrow but I thought "Fk this", just do it!

So I did. He talked alot, over me at times (didn't mean to but it was the subject topic that got him so passionate) but I didn't contribute much to the discussion or show any vociforus support or appreciation.

I tried to make notes and listen whilst saying "Yes" or Yeah just to let him know I was listening but I wished I could have been more relaxed and more engaged.

It was probably because I was worried incase someone in the house heard me on the phone and their ears might have pricked up to enquire to whom I was chatting to etc.

How do you feel relaxed and natural whilst talking to someone you don't know?

ImNotMyIllness

PRACTICE! My first job out of college was sales on the phone. In the beginning I was a nervous wreck. But after a few months, it was easy. It takes time and practice.

SilentAndShy

Thank you for your reply.

Glad to report my phone work is improving thanks to my volunteering but can always be better!