Girls AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG!!!!

den1

I split up with my girlfriend of 3 years this time last year and was fucking distraugt. This was because I was 23 and she was 29 and she wanted to settle down have kids, I didn't.
Anyway I have been trying to pull when I go out and it is NOT happening. My mates girlfriend said "just act confident and walk straight up to them, start talking".
So whenever I've been going out (which is quite alot for a while). I been having a few beers and trying this but dont usually get past my first sentence befor they clearly show that they don't want talk to me.

I just don't get it??!!!

I am tall, slim build, I don't think I can be that repulsive?, I have all my own teeth, I am always clean and nicely dressed.

Girls have told me they think I'm cute, and referd to me as a "sweetheart" or being dead "sweet", a really nice person.

It's startin to do my head in now because I want to find someone at the moment to get close to but t seems no one wants me, and all the dead nice pretty girls who are the full package go for absoloute ARSEHOLES, these people who just seem to drift through life treating everyone like shit yet gettin beutiful girls who are way too good for them and treatin them like shit. I swear those guys musn't even know they're alive they clearly have no consience or are grateful or have any feelings.

Sorry, I'm just a bit pissed off, feeling a bit worthless and lonely.

groove88

Hey den,

Have you ever experienced a 'friendship only' with a girl? Like your mates girlfriend, or a girl who is already taken? Basically you will find knowing that their taken you tend not to give a f**k as much. "i cant have her, so ill say and do as i please" yet you will find, as i always have that they like you much much more for it.

Having your own teeth is a good start, lol funny stuff. Try and get in with a gang, meet some chicks that way. Im in the same ball park as you and this weekend im going out to hit it. With the ambition of jus being myself and not giving myself the goal of "i must get a girlfriend".

More like " this weekend im going out and im going to have a laugh with the girls."

happens when your not looking for it ;) see what i mean

den1

^^^^^

Ha ha.

Yeah come to think of it I always get on with any of my mates girlfriends really well and they seem to like me. I'm even quite good mates with my brothers girlfriend because I know that is a definate no no teritory.
Its just that look that girls can give when they want to (like theyve just smelt something really bad and had a fish hook stook through both eyebrows), I get it befor I've opend my mouth.

I think maybe different girls want different things.

But I just feel I must be an ugly bastard when no girls even notice me.

den1

Oh yeah @ corriandor.

You wanna go for a drink sometime :wink:

Did that work? no yeah? maybe? 8O

groove88

den1 said:
^^^^^

Ha ha.

Yeah come to think of it I always get on with any of my mates girlfriends really well and they seem to like me. I'm even quite good mates with my brothers girlfriend because I know that is a definate no no teritory.
Its just that look that girls can give when they want to (like theyve just smelt something really bad and had a fish hook stook through both eyebrows), I get it befor I've opend my mouth.

I think maybe different girls want different things.

But I just feel I must be an ugly bastard when no girls even notice me.

Beleive mate. Girls really do love confidence, more so than looks. They thrive on emotion lol. I honestly don't try it on with girls if i have had no good feedback. They will take notice of you when your doing your own thing :)

den1

I met a girl on saturday night in a club. I was DJ'ing and she was doing her own set, singing.
She's just my type and I really like her.
I ended up going back to a house party and then going for a drink with her on sunday afternoon and we kissed a couple of times.
I don't have I phone so she wrote her number on my hand but it came off so she said she'de add me on myspace.
Don't know wether to add her or wait till she adds me so I know if she likes me?

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

den1

Thats the thing though I had ALCOHOL in me.

When I drink my social phobia goes completley!
I'm a different person I all of a sudden become really witty and confident and this larger than life personality just comes from nowhere, which is impossible for me to be like without a drink.

I surpose if I meet this girl again I can have a few drinks befor hand but she's sooner or later going to see the lifeless nervouse and charmless side to me that she might not like and I don't want to have to relly on drink too much.

den1

Oh yeah it would be interesting to hear if anyone else is this way with drink?

groove88

lol sounds like the start of a little nice love story..

ok enough of the sop talk from me, dunt wana be sounding all "broke back mountain" now :lol:

Ive been the same on booze, i lose the anxiety, it totally kanes the inhibitions

Yeh a few drinks before hand sounds like a good idea :) i would do the same i rekon. Its not going to hurt adding her in on myspace bro go for it. Drop her a mail maybe telling her you had a good time did ya fancy meeting up again soon?

"baby steps, baby steps" before ya know it ther be baby gravy everywhere :lol:

Oh yeh and do you sometimes come up with possitive affirmations? like your own i mean? i still worry about shit all the time, but then all of a sudden i find a good reason not to worry and it gives me a boost! yeh? well next time that happens write the fucker down and see what happens

Evil_Dead

den1 said:
I split up with my girlfriend of 3 years this time last year and was fucking distraugt. This was because I was 23 and she was 29 and she wanted to settle down have kids, I didn't.

You obviously didn't care about her much if you let her go. If I'd have been luck enough to have the girl I loved and she wanted somethign I didn't, I would let her have it anyway. Because having her would mean more to me in the end. But I wasn't lucky enough to even have that chance. :cry:

den1

^^^^^

Bringing a child into the world that you dont want just to suite yourself is probably one of the most selfish things you can do.

And who are you to presume shit about me anyway?

You just said you dont have any experience in that field so dont try making statements like that untill you know for yourself.

Evil_Dead

den1 said:
^^^^^

Bringing a child into the world that you dont want just to suite yourself is probably one of the most selfish things you can do.

And who are you to presume shit about me anyway?

You just said you dont have any experience in that field so dont try making statements like that untill you know for yourself.

No, but I'm saying that I loved a girl that never even gave me a chance to call her mine. I know I would do anything to keep her had I the chance to. My post was not a personal attack at you. Don't take offence.

den1

^^^^^^

No worries mate but in reality some things can't be worked out and if it results in you being misserable and feeling like you can now not acheive what you want out of life because of the responsibilty of a child, then you will end up loathing that person in the long run.

She didn't want to have the child with me either, I loved her to bits but she didn't feel near enough as much love for me as I did for her and THAT is painful.

I helped her back on her feet after experiencing something horrific that I hope no-one ever has to experience.
If it wasn't for me she even says that she doesn't know how she could have coped.

Then I was left being the lonely depressed one after she was alright and she didn't need me anymore.

But thats life and its selfish to do something nice just to get something in return, I'm just happy I had the oppurtunaty to help someone.

No hard feelings Evil, maybe a fair point from an outsiders point of view only being given half a story