girl at work, need advise

spawn

today i saw a new girl at work. i think shes new havent seen her b4. see works in different department than me. i work in the cafeteria(lame job) and shes in the warehousing department, dont know what she does. so the only time i'll see her is on her breaks cause i do cashier and stuff so i see all the workers when they come in for lunch and buy things. i would have to talk to her in front of everyone because the whole shift takes the break at that time.i find her attractive but havent asked a girl out ever!!! i str8 petrified. im afriad even if i grow the balls to talk to her and somehow manage to ask her that she will not find me interesting or leave me for whatever reason. i have some physicall flaws and im very self conscience of them. im tired of being lonely too and getting older (22 almost 23)and never had a girlfriend.what should i do? if i get rejected it will possibly embarass me in front of the all the workers and even if i ask her and shes say yes and then end up leaving me, it could make working around her very uneasy and uncomfortable. what to do? any advise

bcguitar

hey

my advice from past experience , never get envolved with a girl from work usually ends up bad

4seasons

If shes in a different department I don't see how it would be a problem.^

I'm not one to be giving advice on asking out girls but if you really want this, somehow start a conversation with her one day and go from there. When you get conferable talking to her it will be a lot easier to ask her out and you'll know her a bit better by then. You can't be worried about other people either. Its worth a try bro.

Again, don't put much faith in my advice, its just what I would do if I could get the balls to talk to a chick in the first place.

spawn

thanks guys. still dont know what im gonna do, hell i dont even know if she's single or taken. most likely i'l chicken out but we will see. maybe god will bless me with guts and i could have some luck. man i know some people that have no problem with girls and its like how do they do that. when i see these guys with different girls all the time i think to myself why cant i have even one?

Diluted_Acid

Try changing your body language around her before talking to her. Try stand straight, stretch, flex, relax, yawn and breathe properly. Just try do any of those which shows subtly that your not feeling uncomfortable. If you see her, smile and divert your eyes away slowly after a second, but try keep the smile. If your not smiling, atleast don't look upset or like a victim. Try possess strength and pride in yourself. Also try smiling at others in front of this girl, or stepping up a notch and conversing. She will than get a tiny bit jealous and want to be a part of the attention. And remember, be friendly, but not TOO nice to her. If she wants something and your feeling right there in your perfect mood, tell her to get it herself jokingly. It's not as rocket science as i make it out lol.

spawn

i hear her talking to someone and it turns out shes got a bf :cry: i dont know i felt this strange sensation in my chest and gut when i heard it. guess cause i was diappointed, i mean i havent talked to her, didnt see the point after hear she had a bf, but she seems really down to earth and easy going. like genuinly nice, most girls i find attractive usally have good looks but then seem to be harder to approach and socialize with. i feel like i could actual talk to this girl and communicate with her and enjoy going out with her and her company. man i was actually working the courage to talk to her too, it would have been a first for me.

Diluted_Acid

Sorry to hear about that bro. I'm no stranger to that feeling in your chest you got. I'd say just don't let it bother you. Just from now on assume most girls will be taken and just try flirt with a few. Try not to centre all your attention on just one until you know they are totally digging you. Best of luck, i'm still trying to find a gf too.

Kien

spawn said:
i hear her talking to someone and it turns out shes got a bf :cry: i dont know i felt this strange sensation in my chest and gut when i heard it. guess cause i was diappointed, i mean i havent talked to her, didnt see the point after hear she had a bf, but she seems really down to earth and easy going. like genuinly nice, most girls i find attractive usally have good looks but then seem to be harder to approach and socialize with. i feel like i could actual talk to this girl and communicate with her and enjoy going out with her and her company. man i was actually working the courage to talk to her too, it would have been a first for me.
Well have you seen her being with her bf at work? Like he visits and they talk and things? If not then feel lucky actually. I have been in your situation. That girl was a really nice one even though she found me to not be a very interresting person to talk with (I have little interrests and such) she was still very nice and didn't disslike me. But when her bf came to visit som days in the week it hurt like hell in the heart to just see them talking or walking together.

Carol

Try talking to her anyway. She may have a boyfriend but you don't know how serious it is. I don't think it would hurt to just make conversation. Lots of couples were dating other people when they first met. And even if it doesn't work out that way for you, you'll get some practice talking to a girl, and maybe it will work out for you with the next girl you like.

spawn

ya i sometimes try and pump myself up to talk to her, but theres so all the other worker right there too. besides it would have been easier when see was new i think. i could have just walked up and said hi hows it going? how u liking it here? and so on. she would have welcomed it because when your in a new place you would like to meet someone to talk to you and becasue you dont really know anyone. now she knows everyone and she been here about a month. i see here everyday, i love just the site of her. but i make myself not stare just because im afraid of her seeing me watching her and i dont wanna make her think im weird. man i love seeing her she will probably never how i feel :(

ripewithdecay

Just talk to her like anybody, like it's no big deal. And just sort of slide it in there "Hey give me your number so we can hang out sometime."
It's not like in the movies where the guy plans it out and says to himself 'Okay, im gonna walk over there and...'

Let it be as natural and casual as you possibly can - that is the key.