Gamers thread

Ignace

Currently playing on PC: Max Payne 3 and Test Drive Unlimited 2 (though it's really starting to piss me off. Unskippable cutscenes, gps voice, the licenses etc)

On X360: Tales of Vesperia and Gears of War. AWESOME games.

I played TDU2 for a long time and I completely agree with the licenses, what a stupid system imo. Let alone that irritating ***** everytime when you start a race ... Unfortunately I couldn't finish it because the very last cup keeps crashing. After racing for 40 mins out of 60 in that race the damn PC crashes ... so I gave up on finishing the game. ::p:

JCVA

E3 sucked this year. Really disappointed with the The Last Guardian no show. Only interested in Watchdog and The Last of Us.

Mokkat

I'm optimistic about the fallout of this year's E3. I didn't even bother to check most of the material and games from the event, but in my eyes it is definitely a positive that the levels of copy-pasted gameplay mechanics, violence, explosions etc and the circle-jerking response from the "game-journalist / developer" audience shown, has spawned an army of articles pointing out the sad state of big-business gaming

MrSunday

The following games I like in order:

1. Fire Emblem Blazing Sword (GBA)
2. Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (N64)
3. Legend of Zelda Majora Mask (N64)
4. Harry Potter Philosopher's stone (PS1)
5. Assassin Creed 1 (PS3)
6. Golden Eye (N64)
7. Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3)
8. Dead or Alive Dimensons (3DS)
9. Castlevania Portrait of Ruins (DS)
10. Assassin Creed 2 and Brotherhood (PS3)
11. Ninja Gaiden 2 (PS3)
12. Fire Emblem Path of Radiance (Gamecube) and Radiant Dawn (Wii)
13. Legend of Zelda Wind Waker (Gamecube)
14. Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (Gamecube)
15. Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword (Wii)
16. Legend of Zelda Link to the Past and Minish Cap (GBA)
17. Harry Potter Chamber of Secrets (PS2)
18. Heavenly Sword (PS3)
19. Dragon Quest: Journey of the Cursed King (PS2)
20. Alice and Mad Land (PS3)
21. Castlevania Castlevania order of ecclesia (DS)
22. Castlevania Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
23. Fire Emblem Sealed Sword (GBA)
24. Castlevania Judgement (Wii)
25. Princes of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (PS3)
26. Legend of Zelda Four Swords (Gamecube version)
27. The Legend of Kay (PS2)

Overall, I like games with a good storyline, especially the ones with a dark plot. I'm not fan of games that are too difficult, with the exception of Ninja Gaiden. Alma and Gamov are my fav bosses. Though I'm not a fan of Harry Potter, I still like the old games for some reason.

I'm going to get Assassin Creed Revelations, once I have sorted out my budget plan for the year.

E3 sucked this year. Really disappointed with the The Last Guardian no show. Only interested in Watchdog and The Last of Us.

I haven't followed the E3 this year, but I'm assuming by the lack of news, there's also still no new new about Half Life 3 then..

That's a shame..

FallenFeathers

Only E3 game that grabbed my attention slightly was the last of us. Been a bad year for me gaming wise since Stalker 2 project died (or at least was frozen) Though will see if anything rises out of the ashes with Survarium.

Now pinning my hopes of the Baldur's gate remake (Go for the eyes Boo.. *wonders if anyone will get this reference*), if they just re-do the game, patch and add cut content and a new engine it will be ace, but I have a bad feeling it will end up released on mobile phones or something.

Only other things that have me hyped are the bits about the Witcher 3 I have heard, but looking at a 2013 release for that

drganon

Assassins Creed 3 sounds interesting. I'm glad they're finally making a game not set in renaissance Italy. Sim City 4 also looks kind of cool. But other than that, there doesn't seem to be any game on par with something like Skyrim ( imho, I don't really care about Halo 4). The wii-u looks cool, but hopefully Nintendo will do a better job with games than the last couple of years they've done for the wii.

6. Golden Eye (N64)
11. Ninja Gaiden 2 (PS3)
18. Heavenly Sword (PS3)

Overall, I like games with a good storyline, especially the ones with a dark plot. I'm not fan of games that are too difficult, with the exception of Ninja Gaiden. Alma and Gamov are my fav bosses. Though I'm not a fan of Harry Potter, I still like the old games for some reason.

I'm going to get Assassin Creed Revelations, once I have sorted out my budget plan for the year.

Good to see there's another Fire Emblem fan on the board. :)

Anyway, right now I'm playing Fallout 3, Fire Emblem 1 (with an english patch of course), and Red Dead Redemption.

Valhalla

6. Golden Eye (N64)
11. Ninja Gaiden 2 (PS3)
18. Heavenly Sword (PS3)

Not a single PC game?!

da_illest101

Not a single PC game?!

I don't think there would be a pc game in my top 500 lol

Btw is your name based of that place in Final Fantasy XIII-2 or just a coincidence

Currently I'm playing dragon's dogma and just cause 2. I also have black ops to finish but it's just not as interesting as modern warfare 3. I'm downloading ratchet and clank all 4 one, but it's 14 gb :( so it will take a while

Last edited:

Duzmiu

6. Golden Eye (N64)
11. Ninja Gaiden 2 (PS3)
18. Heavenly Sword (PS3)

is the legend of zelda games for the N64 any good? i recently got a second hand N64 with 1 controller free but i have no games and only ones i know of are mario lol
if you could reccomend any N64 games it would be awesome(i have a random taste in games so mention anything apart from stuff like hello kitty and that ::p: )

DeadmanWalking

is the legend of zelda games for the N64 any good? i recently got a second hand N64 with 1 controller free but i have no games and only ones i know of are mario lol
if you could reccomend any N64 games it would be awesome(i have a random taste in games so mention anything apart from stuff like hello kitty and that ::p: )

If you're talking about Ocarina of Time, then, YES, absolutely:D! I haven't played all of it though, two certain monsters on there scared me away::eek::. Some other N64 games that come to mind would be Goldeneye, Super Smash Bros., and (I liked) the Banjo-Kazooie series.

Valhalla

I don't think there would be a pc game in my top 500 lol

Btw is your name based of that place in Final Fantasy XIII-2 or just a coincidence

Currently I'm playing dragon's dogma and just cause 2. I also have black ops to finish but it's just not as interesting as modern warfare 3. I'm downloading ratchet and clank all 4 one, but it's 14 gb :( so it will take a while

Final Fantasy? This is from Nordic mythology - Valhalla, the hall of the slain warriors.

Duzmiu

If you're talking about Ocarina of Time, then, YES, absolutely:D! I haven't played all of it though, two certain monsters on there scared me away::eek::. Some other N64 games that come to mind would be Goldeneye, Super Smash Bros., and (I liked) the Banjo-Kazooie series.

lol bless, sorry didnt mean to laugh but thats kinda cute getting scared of a monster in a game. anyway before i dig myself a hole....thanks im gunna keep my eye out for them games round town or il just get off ebay or something especially goldeneye if its similar to the playstation version, i loved that game used to play it non stop for days on end :cool:

Eyv

Does anyone have any computer games recommendations? I need a new game, and Mount & Blade is starting to bore me :D

O'Killian

Out of curiosity, was it the redead? (the ugly brown guys who scream, paralyze Link, and then promptly grab and murder him) I was terrified of those. And completely justifiably so, if you ask me. Monsters in video games are at least supposed to give you a chance. Seeing something like that at 9 years old scars a person, I swear.

Does anyone have any computer games recommendations? I need a new game, and Mount & Blade is starting to bore me :D

Looking for any genre in particular? I reflexively recommend Sword of the Stars to just about anyone who asks. If you're into 4x games (think the Civilization games), it's pretty awesome and even if you aren't (I wasn't!) it's fun to get into. At least, if you're at all interested in space strategy games with customizable ships. The sequel's in a strange place so I dunno about that (plus I couldn't run it anyway, heh).

I don't actually play a ton of commercial PC games, what with circumstances, so most of my recommendations would be for roguelikes and stuff like Dwarf Fortress. I have no idea if those are your cup of tea or not, though.

Valhalla

Have you tried it's expansions for starters? "Warband" and "With Fire and Sword". Warband fixes a few things, have a new map and a new faction. Fire and Sword introduce a new age with powder and muskets.

If you haven't tried out the Total War series, you simply must. Specify what kind of games you like and let's see what we can do. :)