Gamers thread

da_illest101

anyone brought the sly cooper collection on the ps3? it's freaking good.

I almost thought about getting black ops but i'm not big on online multiplayer and to be honest their is alot of better fps out there. lol it's funny how i'm the only one on my friend list who is not playing that game

Ignace

anyone brought the sly cooper collection on the ps3? it's freaking good.

I almost thought about getting black ops but i'm not big on online multiplayer and to be honest their is alot of better fps out there. lol it's funny how i'm the only one on my friend list who is not playing that game

You should try it. :) Everyone should have played zombies online in their lives.:D Fan of L4D2 ? :)

da_illest101

You should try it. :) Everyone should have played zombies online in their lives.:D Fan of L4D2 ? :)

nope never played L4D2, i'm mostly game on the ps3 and that's only for 360/pc althought i think my pc could run it . trust me i have enough pressure from everyone to buy black ops. I didn't give in for mw2 and I know I won't for that one. It's not that I don't like call of duty, I just know myself I'll buy it and only play the offline mode and play online 2-3 times and never touch it again. Once I finish school i'll just go to one of my friends that has it

Ignace

nope never played L4D2, i'm mostly game on the ps3 and that's only for 360/pc althought i think my pc could run it . trust me i have enough pressure from everyone to buy black ops. I didn't give in for mw2 and I know I won't for that one. It's not that I don't like call of duty, I just know myself I'll buy it and only play the offline mode and play online 2-3 times and never touch it again. Once I finish school i'll just go to one of my friends that has it

I resisted to get mw2, but bought it in April eventually.. I regret it. Mw2 is just f#cked up. But Black Ops is really great. :D It has a massive amount of bugs on PC, but the game itself, is so much fun. :D L4D2 isn't anything serious for a 'normal' PC. It runs on the CounterStrike engine sooo .... ::p:

Danfalc

Banned
Would be great, I'm a PC player myself. :) And I'm in a serious need of zombie killers. :D (you love those, right ? :))

I will buy it for the pc then when I next get paid,and yeah I love the zombie levels,so would kick ass to team up.I will pm you when I get it.

If anyone likes American football,I Highly recommend that you check out a game called Blood Bowl Lgendary Edition.It's American football..but In a fantasy setting,so you get Orc,Elf,Goblin and Undead teams among many more.

You buy your team members,and then join a league.And if your players do really well,they get experience and you can upgrade there skills,and it's just so cool to build a team up from nothing.Though it's a brutal game at times,with chainsaw swinging goblins and stuff,you can often end up with your players being killed lol.

Blood Bowl release trailer - Eurogamer Videos | Eurogamer.net

Ignace

I will buy it for the pc then when I next get paid,and yeah I love the zombie levels,so would kick ass to team up.I will pm you when I get it.

If anyone likes American football,I Highly recommend that you check out a game called Blood Bowl Lgendary Edition.It's American football..but In a fantasy setting,so you get Orc,Elf,Goblin and Undead teams among many more.

You buy your team members,and then join a league.And if your players do really well,they get experience and you can upgrade there skills,and it's just so cool to build a team up from nothing.Though it's a brutal game at times,with chainsaw swinging goblins and stuff,you can often end up with your players being killed lol.

Blood Bowl release trailer - Eurogamer Videos | Eurogamer.net

Cool. :D But you buy it for yourself, right ? Don't buy it just for me.:rolleyes: Too bad you bought it for 360 too, that makes the game twice as expensive. ::(:

Danfalc

Banned
Cool. :D But you buy it for yourself, right ? Don't buy it just for me.:rolleyes: Too bad you bought it for 360 too, that makes the game twice as expensive. ::(:

Yeah I would be buying it for myself,though thanks for the concern.I have more gaming friends on the pc than I do with the 360,and having it on the pc will mean I don't have to keep the xbox live subscription up too.

I can always trade it In so it's not a big deal :)

Ignace

Yeah I would be buying it for myself,though thanks for the concern.I have more gaming friends on the pc than I do with the 360,and having it on the pc will mean I don't have to keep the xbox live subscription up too.

I can always trade it In so it's not a big deal :)

I hope you mean you can trade in your 360 copy. Since you can't sell your PC-copy. It goes through Steam. Once the code is entered, you can't sell it anymore. Or you must sell your Steam account .. but I wouldn't count on that.

Daz

I've taken advantage of the Xbox Live FREE weekend. I played COD:MW2 all of Saturday night and all day yesterday. I woke up today and i thought I'd try connecting to Xbox Live seeing as Microsoft always seem to screw up somehow ::p: and right enough, Xbox Live was still connecting. So I've been playing all day today :D I'll need to get myself a rechargeable battery pack as I've went though 6 AA batteries :eek: Maybe time to give up, Haha.

Danfalc

Banned
I hope you mean you can trade in your 360 copy

Yup that's what I meant..I don't have a pc copy as I have already pointed out.I know you can't trade In pc games.You have not been able to do it for years now In the UK.

Not sure I would even buy it through Steam,it's more expensive on there currently than it is In the shops near me.

And addictive stuff isn't it Daz :D

Ignace

Yup that's what I meant..I don't have a pc copy as I have already pointed out.I know you can't trade In pc games.You have not been able to do it for years now In the UK.

Not sure I would even buy it through Steam,it's more expensive on there currently than it is In the shops near me.

And addictive stuff isn't it Daz :D

Yeah, I got mine for €43 instead of the €60 in Steam. But where you get it doesn't matter, you have to play it through Steam. If you don't want to use Steam, you're not gonna be able to play it ..

As of late, I've been playing Mass Effect 2... such an amazing game. I truly have to commend BioWare, as they make fantastic games. Anyone ever play Knights of the Old Republic? I wasted so many hours on it.

mismeek

Ico was awesome..I'm all about puzzles.

LFD2...meh

BlackOps..Im over it now...

IM SOOO pissed that they pushed Gears 3 back to next fall *wails*... I NEEEEED this GAME!!

Has anyone played Limbo it looks really interesting and puzzle like.

Danfalc

Banned
Yeah, I got mine for €43 instead of the €60 in Steam. But where you get it doesn't matter, you have to play it through Steam. If you don't want to use Steam, you're not gonna be able to play it ..

Huh?I never said it did matter.. or I was going to try playing it without steam or that I didnt wan't to use steam.As I've already said it's actually cheaper In the shops here and I like to have a hard copy of the game.I know the multilayer is on steam..and I have a steam account so it's not an issue.

As of late, I've been playing Mass Effect 2... such an amazing game. I truly have to commend BioWare, as they make fantastic games. Anyone ever play Knights of the Old Republic? I wasted so many hours on it.

I really like Mass Effect 2!I could never get into the first one and heard a lot of people complain number two was dumbed down.But I found it really good.I use to Play Kotor too,Bioware is just the king when it comes to making games.Have you heard about the Kotor mmo they are doing?I'm a bit wary of online games where you have to pay a monthly fee..but I trust Bioware.

Last edited:

Blaze

I'll never go for the KOTOR MMO. I'm DONE with MMO's! I've wasted 6 years of my life playing those and I refuse to get addicted all over again.

The game I'm really anticipating is Shogun 2 - Total War. I love the total wars series and I can't wait to get my hands on this one.

Luke1993

I don't think a lightsaber battle would work, because there wouldn't be any resistance. Like if you were to strike downwards and lock swords with the enemy, you in real life wouldn't "lock" you'd just swing all the way down because there's nothing real there to stop your sword, (the controller) whereas the game would stop your sword, does that make sense? :D

haha I decided to quote myself on a post I made 20 pages ago lol on the matter of motion controls being used for sword fighting/lightsaber games. Well recently I played wii sports resort (it came out some time ago). One of the "sports" on there is sword fighting and it's done very well indeed! One mode is one on one and the other is when you fight several people in waves.

Using that motionplus attachment the wiimote follows the sword exactly when you swing/block. If only they used that concept and built on it a bit, and made it into a star wars game! Deflecting lasers and dueling would be a dream come true!

So on the subject of motion controlling, does anyone have Kinect for the xbox? What is it like?

N0D

Banned
I'm somewhat confident that I am very soon going to cancel my WoW account. The fact that they changed so much turns me off completely. Way to make veterans feel like newblets, great way to ensure continued subscription.