Full body HH-Do you allways feel hot ????

medlam

Hi this is for full body HH sufferers only please.

Do you allways feel hot ? when walking to the shop,lying in bed even sitting in cars do you feel hot and uncomfortable ?

Do you feel really hot when embarrassed,excited or emotional or during meetings, interviews or social situations ?

Obviously when exercising or in hot places like clubs or bars you feel hot but do you feel hot before you there ?

My doctor who's a decent guy keeps pushing medication on me to deal with anxiety sweating in social situations but i just seem to feel really hot all the time i agree that anxiety and nerves play a major part in sweating but alot of the time i sweat because im hot not because im anxious.

I dont think there too many posts about this so i was interested if anyone shares these thoughts. I go back to the doctor tommorow to let him that valium has made social situations a little easier but still dosnt stop me sweating or over sweating.

Still no cure to this crazy,messed up sweating life so many of us lead im just looking for ways to understand why were this way and if there will ever be a way for us to live a normal lives, I REALLY HOPE SO

Thanks

tbanner523

There aren't many posts on this topic, because I think even fewer people suffer from generalized HH compared to palmar or underarm. I developed generalized HH about 6-7 years ago and, yes, I am pretty much always hot, regardless of whether or not I am anxious. My body gets alternately hot and clammy (because the sweat is still cooling my body)...it's really one of the most uncomfortable situations to be in. I am a recluse in the summer, and I am not looking forward to the warm up this week.

I have tried multiple medications, but nothing has worked well (it usually can stop the sweating to a degree, but my body gets completely overheated and red, making the situation as bad or worse than the sweating itself).

I haven't held out a lot of hope for medicine fixing this problem, as I have been searching diligently over the years for relief. The best I can now hope for is some sort of spontaneous remission -- that this problem will somehow go away as quickly as it came about -- though I am almost certain this will never happen. Bleak, I know, but I have no other answers.

Sure_whynot

Hello =]

Im not exactly sure what is considered "generalized HH", but I've got palm,feet, and underarm. With frequent/occasional lower-back, groin, and other random areas.

I used to feel like I was hot all of the time, and that was why I was sweating so much. But I dont think thats true at all anymore. I live in Florida... so its hot for anyone during most months of the year, but during the "winter" months im not hot at all. Even when im sweating all over.

Im actually VERY cold, because the sweat lowers my body temperature.

I think sub-consciously you probably still associate heat with excessive sweating, because its the most logical and obvious trigger for it.

That was my conclusion anyways. I also find that I complain about the heat, regardless of situation, just as a scapegoat for sweating some. & doing that enough eventually makes you believe its the real cause.

You'd be surprised what your mind can manifest, the "placebo effect" during HH testing is actually quite impressive.

Anyways... thought i'd give some feedback because your topic interested me. Good luck.

x Sure

medlam

Thanks for the response. I still put alot of my sweating down to feeling hot, facial sweating obviously the hardest to hide and most embrassing seems to come about by extreme hot flushes. sometimes walking into a house with the heating on feels like my face is next to a fire. Again bars and clubs are naturally warm/ hot places add that to social pressure and surroundings and its a nightmare to deal with oftren i make excuses and go outside to cool down sometimes just go home very very very sad i know

wonder if anyones got any more thoughts on the subject or can share any experiences

Sure_whynot

Thanks for the response. I still put alot of my sweating down to feeling hot, facial sweating obviously the hardest to hide and most embrassing seems to come about by extreme hot flushes. sometimes walking into a house with the heating on feels like my face is next to a fire. Again bars and clubs are naturally warm/ hot places add that to social pressure and surroundings and its a nightmare to deal with oftren i make excuses and go outside to cool down sometimes just go home very very very sad i know

wonder if anyones got any more thoughts on the subject or can share any experiences

I know how the social insecurities feel =/

I've got a question for you... even though its somewhat off topic.

What exactly comes with facial sweating?

like besides the obvious, sweat dripping down your face.

Do you get red-ish? do you break-out a lot?

I've never had it, thankfully, so I dont fully understand what it physically dose/looks like. But now that I think about it... my mom has always had a red-ish tone to her face.

How do you treat it? & is it the same as facial blushing?

Thanks! =] & im not trying to irritate anyone. I just want to understand this form of HH more. =]

medlam

well it differs from person to person to person i guess. me personally my ears get very hot and face redens but thats just me, sweating from the face is very difficult to deal with as its so obvious and the red race and feeling hot i feel bring this on.

So anyone with full body or facial HH do you feel hot and awkward, im not getting to much response maybe its just me ???

Like tbanner523 were just looking for some answers

Bridge

I don't get this as much now as i have nerves much more under control. Where i was suffering very bad with anxiety i did feel hot all the time. It was im sure adrendinling kicking in that caused the hotness. I always have underarms that are hot and this one ways i tell how bad my brom is as can't smell it.

I saw this once in old movie and really works. If your out and your feel that hotness start up ( one that causes you to anxious sweat ) - Then go-to bathroom turn your wrists over and where the vain is run cold water full turn of tap on them for about minute. It cools you down.

albarosa2008

That's my motto "I'm so hot" and people laugh and say "sure you are" but I don't mean it that way..it's that I'm hot and sweating and the worse the situation is both environmentally/socially/intimacy the worse it gets... (swollen extremities too during heat-waves) I've been taking glycopyrrolate for less than a year now and it works great. I still get hot, blushing, and my hands and feet swell but no sweat (maybe a little damp because my dosage is low, but an improvement over dripping buckets..yes, dripping, and yes, buckets (!). I got the med. (also called avert) from a pharmacy here in t.o. after years of despair. My doctor was of no help and very dismissive of my condition: told me treatment was very invasive (the surgery) I thankfully found this forum and did some research and called the pharmacy up. The web-site for more info is: pharmacy.ca. I hope you try it and that it works for you. I know all about the clamminess, the hot-flash that doesn't flash but just glows infernal, and yeah, tried the cold-water on wrists, and the baby powder and the baking soda and the sage tea and drying out in front of an oscillating fan, etc..of COURSE we've all tried SOMETHING with no results. Unless I can live in a swimming pool, there is nothing besides this med. that has ever helped my sweating. My dermatologist suggested some anti-depressants because- I don't know if it's the beta-blockers or the ssri inhibitors that seem to help with h.h.- but the side-effects are pretty harsh in some cases, compared to the glycopyrrolate which doesn't cross the blood/brain barrier, so I'm sticking with it. Give it a shot and see if it works for you. At least we have this forum to educate ourselves and make/find some options, limited tho they are. I resent my g.p. so much for his ignorance but what the hell does he care...he doesn't know what it's like. I feel the need to share as it has been like a demon in my life so I hope the med. works for others too. Keep praying for a cure. I'm really sorry for the long post, I've just been so alienated by this disease, I really need to let people know where I've been and where I'm at. God bless.

anxietyalways

Not sure what qualifies as full body - I've got hands, feet, underarms, groin, with other areas like belly, backs of knees, etc at times. I've found I'm usually warmer than most people. I get so irritable at work during the winter because people complain of being cold and have the heat cranked up. So there I am sweating in my winter clothing. I often have to remove my coat when on the Subway. However my mom also seems to feel hot a lot and always has, and she doesn't have HH. I also have weird circulation problems. As I type this, both pinky fingers are freezing cold compared to the other fingers. Sometimes my index finger is the cold one. Often my feet look purple.

Ugh, who knows.

bigchris

Yeah, I always feel hot, even when I'm taking meds my back gets super hot. I was wearing someones jumper for about 15 mins and gave them it back and they commented on how warm it was.

H

hh hell

Hi, I suffer from Full body HH, it is becoming a real problem for me. I had underarm HH but cured that with Driclor, now my back and chest just sweat buckets instead. This is only when I'm hot, very embarrissed or working fairly hard. I do feel hot pretty much all the time, i can walk past a radiator and feel the heat and get uncomfy as I'm anxious it'll make me sweat. I'm certain being aware of heat making me sweat has made me worse as I sweat instantly when i feel hot. Sometimes I feel my body temperature is sky high then after a while in the same room i will cool down and think how the hell did i feel so hot when i feel its cool now.

I've had councelling for anxiety which helped a bit but only until the winter finished and i started geting hot again.

Just started a new relationship and its impossible to hide she thinks i'm funny, when we started dating my forehead sweated because her house was so hot and i was nervous, the best thing is to announce your sweatting laugh it off and it'll pass. Works for me if they love you enough they wont think anything off it.