For the BEST advice - PLEASE READ ME!

jessica_p

Hi guys,

All my life I've been sweaty and it's prevented me from doing so many things - I'm doing drama for my degree and it almost stopped me from doing that, but i'm so glad it didn't! I've tried everything: from driclor, to prescription powders and even bought an idrostar - which set me back quite a bit of money!

Anyway, nothing really worked and if they did, I found them too painful and time consuming to continue. My main fear was about meeting guys and what they'd think when they touch my sweaty palms! Anyway, after doing my touchy feeliy drama course, I gained quite a bit of confidence and realized that people really don't care as much as you think they will. I now have a boyfriend (my first one - woohoo!) who really doesn't mind me being sweaty at all. I now regret wasting so much time and money worrying about being sweaty, as really, there's no point. If other people don't accept it, then they're not worth bothering with anyway.

After realizing all this, my confidence has gone up loads - I've always been a shy person and avoided social situations (simply so i didn't have to shake peoples hands)! Now I'm throwing myself out there and suggest you do the same! I'm running for Miss Student this year and have come first at my uni and have my regional finals next month. Therefore, I was wondering if you could PLEASE vote for me and help me win! Let's prove that being sweaty doesn't mean you can't be proud and pretty!

So PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE vote me for me by clicking on the following link: :arrow: http://www.missstudentuk.com/student.asp?s=3409. Then all you have to do is click on 'become a friend', and verify the vote by opeing the email they send you and typing in the code (without doing this the vote is useless). It really only takes a minute and I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you so much! :D If there's anything else you'd like to know competition or hyperhidrosis wise, just let me know!

Jessica xxxx

kingflab

Completely agree. Although I wonder if you're like me and your HH is just moderate.

I've had absolutely no problem with HH at university, it really doesn't bother me. In fact the only time it annoyed me was when I went rock-climbing, and kept falling off - though it was quite amusing. I do want to do something about my underarms, as thats actually very uncomfortable, but my hands just don't bother me. I have an Ionto unit just incase I ever need to be dry, but I haven't used that in a while.

It really depends on how much you sweat I suppose. Moderate to light palm sweating is easily managable, but I could imagine if your hands constantly dripped then that would start to become a bit problematic.

I'd vote for you on that, but I'm already obliged to vote for someone else (who'm goes to my uni), though I still haven't made the effort to do that yet. :p

jessica_p

so glad you agree! I just think that too many people pointlessly let it ruin their lives, and should change their attitudes about it by changing their relationship to it, instead of their deodorant.

Also, in regard to the Miss Student competition, the joy of it is, you can vote for as many people as you like, so go get voting!! Please?!... xxx

Ihateit

I am happy that you are moving on and getting on with things and pushing yourself to help with your shyness.

For me I suffer from facial blushing aswell as sweating, somedays I just wish I had the sweating, but I like to hear happy stories about the different ways people overcome their anxietys. It makes me more positive about getting on with my life.

klamm76

Sure,,you have my wote now.

Was a bit sceptical what this link was,because we dont have this kind of stuff in Norway.

But your post was very posititiv and helpful for many people in here,im sure of that.Keep the good SPIRIT up,and........

Good luck,wish U the best :):)

Btw,,hehe,you must have lots of "friends" now!

jessica_p

thanks guys!

I know people come on here looking for miracle cures... I have too... so people will probably read this and think 'best advice'? yeah right! But in my opinion, it really is!

Thanks for voting too, I really appreciate it! Keep them coming guys!

xxx

Sure_whynot

jessica_p said:
Hi guys,

All my life I've been sweaty and it's prevented me from doing so many things - I'm doing drama for my degree and it almost stopped me from doing that, but i'm so glad it didn't! I've tried everything: from driclor, to prescription powders and even bought an idrostar - which set me back quite a bit of money!

Anyway, nothing really worked and if they did, I found them too painful and time consuming to continue. My main fear was about meeting guys and what they'd think when they touch my sweaty palms! Anyway, after doing my touchy feeliy drama course, I gained quite a bit of confidence and realized that people really don't care as much as you think they will. I now have a boyfriend (my first one - woohoo!) who really doesn't mind me being sweaty at all. I now regret wasting so much time and money worrying about being sweaty, as really, there's no point. If other people don't accept it, then they're not worth bothering with anyway.

After realizing all this, my confidence has gone up loads - I've always been a shy person and avoided social situations (simply so i didn't have to shake peoples hands)! Now I'm throwing myself out there and suggest you do the same! I'm running for Miss Student this year and have come first at my uni and have my regional finals next month. Therefore, I was wondering if you could PLEASE vote for me and help me win! Let's prove that being sweaty doesn't mean you can't be proud and pretty!

So PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE vote me for me by clicking on the following link: :arrow: http://www.missstudentuk.com/student.asp?s=3409. Then all you have to do is click on 'become a friend', and verify the vote by opeing the email they send you and typing in the code (without doing this the vote is useless). It really only takes a minute and I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you so much! :D If there's anything else you'd like to know competition or hyperhidrosis wise, just let me know!

Jessica xxxx

Count on a few votes from me & my m8's

jessica_p

Yay! Massive thank you to all of you who are voting! I'm almost number one in my region now, just a few more votes needed, so please spread the word! I can't thank you enough! xxx