First week with Robinul- wonderful results

Phoenix_Elite

Hey guys!

I got a prescription for Robinul the Saturday before last, but I consider this late week to have been my first one with said medication because of two main reasons:
  • 1. I didn't have school last week because of a faulty water pump, so I didn't really get to test it out.
    2. Last Friday I had a medical appointment where I sweat like crazy, having taken 2mg a few hours earlier. This week I upped the dose to 4mg, which was very effective.
I took my first 4mg's worth of Robinul last Monday, and I didn't sweat at all during the schoolday. That was a definite first. The only time during the day when I did sweat (and just slightly) was in P.E. class, which was to be expected. This was repeated during the whole week, and I didn't sweat! I wasn't willing to get my hopes up until I had my piano class, when I always sweat. Needless to say, I was very happily surprised to find that I didn't sweat at all. The class went loads better (even though I had barely practiced). I was considerably anxious two or three times during the week, and I still didn't sweat. This has been my best week in a long time.

I have, however, suffered from the normal side effects: Dry mouth (I carry around a water bottle which I drink up pretty quickly, and which I refill in the water fountain); and somewhat accelarated heartbeat (I don't think this has affected me at all though). I also tend to have trouble swallowing foods such as Export Soda crackers. I think it's due to the fact that my mouth doesn't produce as much saliva as it used to, and some aliments are consequently more difficult to push down my throat. Does anyone else experience this?

The tradeoffs are definitely and undoubtedly worth it. I also got chapped lips today because I tend to wet them with my tongue ever since I started taking the pills (otherwise it feels like I've been breathing through my mouth and my lips have dried up). Since I've heard it has residual effects for some people, I'm not going to take it on Sunday. If I plan any activities with my friends, I'll do them tomorrow.

Overall I just wanted to share my experience with you guys, and I highly recommend glycopyrrolate to anyone who hasn't tried it yet. Iontophoresis didn't work for me (my main problem is palmar hyperhidrosis), so I suggest you try the pills before giving yourself time-consuming and rather painful treatments which might not do it for you (although I did use Drionic, which has the worst feedback). I thought the pills would be hard to find, but they are available in pretty much every pharmacy. I'm also using Hypercare (20% aluminum chloride) every night, although I doubt this is contributing in any way- I've been using it for nearly two years and it's barely worked for me, if at all, so I doubt it would start now.

I also welcome everyone else who has taken or is taking Robinul or Avert to share their experiences. I'd like to thank margiehope for giving me advice regarding the doses. And finally, I must say, I wrote out a possitive rant on this forum! :wink:

HHvictim

good luck with the rubinal. i took this medication twice a day 2mg in the early am and 2mg around 2pm and now two years later the meds don't have an effect on me, expect i feel really bloated and my tummy feels full.
i loved the results during the first 12 months tho

newark, de
hh since 12yo