First major panic/anxiety attack

richi1173

I've suffered from panic attacks since I was very little but my first major panic attack was May 24, 2007 at around 11:25 am. I was at high school and we had almost finished the year, so I was all excited about summer and being able to hang out with friends all that I wanted :D. It was finals week and I had just finished my geometry final (was a bitch) and was in my fourth period French I class preping for my American History Exam, which was next after lunch. I remember the day was cloudy, which meant that summer was rolling in as Miami gets a lot of storms.

Then all of the sudden, I get real anxious out of no particular reason. Im like "okay, it must be because of the tests" and I tried to calm myself down but it didn't work. My hands started sweating like crazy and I made a little pool of sweat at my desk lol. I started to feel lightheaded, my heart was racing, and I felt like vomiting. I felt like that until the bell rung for lunch at 11:45, then Im like "okay, lunch is going to be better, I have all my friends there, and I will have fun like I usually do and everything will be peachy" Yeah right, when I tried to stand up, my legs were like jello and I could verily open the door out of my classroom. When I managed to go down to my lunch table outside with my friends, I decided to go eat because I didn't feel as bad as I did in French. Well that was a bad idea, REALLY BAD IDEA, my stomach starting turning and I felt like vomiting my pizza and crapping my pants. I asked one of the guys at the table if he had any medicine, (which I knew he had), and he gave me an Immodium which didn't help at all. I tried to shrug it off but it was evident there was something wrong with me because I was pale.

After lunch ended, it got really really bad. It was almost impossible to walk and I felt like I was about to faint and was out of breath like after you've run a marathon. My friends decided to take a little detour and I followed them to another class just down from the classroom that one of my friends and I were heading to for our exam. That just wrecked me, and I felt worse than ever. Finally, I got to the portable were my American History class was at and just as I sat down, I started shaking horribly like somebody just had turned to AC all the way down and dropped a bucket of ice cold water on me. I felt like I had to get out somehow, so I went up to my teacher and told him that I had the stomach flu(ridiculous I know) just in case I had to run to the bathroom. The test was horrible, and I couldn't finish it because of the panic attack. By that time I gave up and decided to call my mom in order for her to pick me up. When I got home it vanished, like it had never happened. But the next day I had one (not as intense), then when I hanged out with my friends I had one, when I went to the last days of school I had one, and had panic attacks until now.::(:

Last edited:
i know how you feel.
they're little buggers, aren't they?
sneaking up on you from nowhere.
i usually can't identify mine from any stress until i sit down and put the pieces together from after I have one, i can never think straight when i have one. ugh.
but you aren't alone, trust meeee.
it's really scary, but now i just act like i don't give a f*ck about having one, and i've been clean [lolol] for almost five days, since i started thinking that.
you just gotta get it out of your head. i'm considering changing the word "panic attack" to "mind f*ck." because that's all it really is, you know? :]