First Date

Zeyla

So, I meet a guy last week, and we got on well. We went to the city gardens on Sunday afternoon, and it went quite well. Now we're going out tonight.
We're going to a restaurant, and I've only been to a restaurant twice in my life. (Due to a skrewed-up up-bringing.) And I've never been to one on a date before. Apart from the visit to the gardens, I've never been on ANY kind of date before.
So, I was wondering if anyone had any advice? And any ideas about how to avoid panicing? And who knows how restaurants work........ :S

Danfalc

Banned
Hey Zeyla..

Glad to hear your going on another date!Little things which help me is trying to get a table which is tucked out of the way say in a corner.So maybe tell your date you prefer a quite table.

Normally you sit down and someone will come over and ask you what would you like,so tell your date what you would like because hopefully he will be a gentleman and order for you :) That way you can avoid the anxiety of ordering yourself.Is that what you meant when you asked how they worked?

Maybe have a little drink with your meal too as that wil calm your nerves,but guys dig shyness in a girl :) Or at least I do, especially on a date it's kind of flattering that someone is nervous around you.

Zeyla

Yeah, that's what I meant :) Thank you.
Also, when do you pay for the food?
These are such basic questions, it's too embaresing to ask people in person...

Lost Girl

Hey Zeyla..

Glad to hear your going on another date!Little things which help me is trying to get a table which is tucked out of the way say in a corner.So maybe tell your date you prefer a quite table.

Normally you sit down and someone will come over and ask you what would you like,so tell your date what you would like because hopefully he will be a gentleman and order for you :) That way you can avoid the anxiety of ordering yourself.Is that what you meant when you asked how they worked?

Maybe have a little drink with your meal too as that wil calm your nerves,but guys dig shyness in a girl :) Or at least I do, especially on a date it's kind of flattering that someone is nervous around you.

Perfect advice Danfalc :)

Danfalc

Banned
Don't feel bad,we all have to learn these things,some later than others :) I was like 20 before I started learning to do things like that and it's still hard for me now at 24.You normally pay after you have finished,you walk up to the desk and pay for your meal or sometimes someone will come over to collect the bill.

But your date will probably take care of that!:) Wishing you good luck by the way not that I think you will need it.

I know you obviously want advice , cos you as asked for it ( that bit gave it away :D )

but

you shouldn't overload your head with what everyone else does or thinks , because surely that will just bombard you with worry once your in the date trying to recall advice and do's and dont's .

that said :eek:

I will now offer you my pearls of wisdom .... choose something to eat that is easy and simple ....not spaghetti

enjoy it ...its fab to have another date :D

Lost Girl

Yeah, that's what I meant :) Thank you.
Also, when do you pay for the food?
These are such basic questions, it's too embaresing to ask people in person...

After the meal the waiter should come over and give you the bill. The guy should at least attempt to to take care of the bill himself, it's up to you if you would like to insist on paying for it or half of it or whatever, but really he should take care of it this early on I think. ;) Hope you have a great time!

Danfalc

Banned
but really he should take care of it this early on I think. ;) Hope you have a great time!

Yeah I couldnt imagine having the front to even ask a girl to pay half unless I never wanted to see her again and was doing it on purpose :D But yeah it's just like a unspoken rule..guys always should take care of the bill :cool:

And thanks btw Lost Girl :)