Finding balance

Sacrament

Okay, so there's nothing more I would like than to find balance in my life.

I am currently job-hunting, and I'm a student trying to find funds to pay for the things I want to do/get and tuition. I have friends, yes, and I used to say they were few but good, but recently things have been ridiculous, and I had a huge fight with one of them over his immaturity, and another one simply faded away as a friend and won't even let me know when he's in town.

Anyway, one thing that has definitely helped my self-esteem is working out. It makes me feel more confident and helps me get out there and do things for myself.

All I want, really, is stability. My social anxiety's not as severe as it was years ago, but I still have a long way to go. As for girls, I do well at luring them in and getting them interested in me. I suppose being a writer, a musician and doing photography helps, and just knowing what to say and how to say things in ways that keep them focused and interested.

On the other hand, I get very defensive, because when they do manage to be persistent enough and lure me in, it starts getting to me, and I suffer easily, which is what's happening right now. We met online, then we met in person, and all the things she said before meeting me in person became twisted and just strange. I suffered, I got frustrated, and I am now slowly taking a few steps back and focusing on the things I need to accomplish and my friends.

I really need to get out of here, and get a job so I can get enough money to travel and find some peace of mind.

This really is where friends are so important. Love is a dangerous thing, it really is. You find yourself alone, and you attach yourself to someone, and they suck you in and spit you out, and it just sucks the life right out of you. Love is a beautiful thing, yes, yes it is, but goddamn can it be painful.

So I get defensive, and I refuse to let people in too deep so I can keep my sanity intact, but it gets hard when you feel alone and just want someone you can be with and share smiles and jokes and laughter and everything.

So I'm gonna keep focused on my workout, and my studies, and my job-hunting, and my friends. Summer's knocking on the door and I want to have fun without getting myself in emotional adventures.

I'm not sure what this thread is about exactly. Maybe I just wanted to vent, really, and at the same time advise you guys to eat well and work out in order to be more confident, help your self-esteem and enjoy those lovely endorphines going through you and relaxing your whole body.

I know it's easier not to do anything, and trust me when I say it's tempting, but I found great advice in an interview I read with an actor I actually really dislike, Matthew McConaughey. He said that, as an actor, and because actors have to travel all over the place, a lot of them insist on having their personal gym equipment flown over to wherever they are so they can work out. McConaughey, though, said that he needs nothing like that, and that all he needs, not just to work out but for anything in general, is to put on his shoes, tie 'em up and go.

That's all it takes, really. I'm sure most of you know what it's like to suffer in anticipation, and dread something weeks/days before actually going through them, often to the point of avoiding them and feeling awful about it, but instead of doing that, you gotta realize that time won't stop, and life will not stop and wait for you to finally have the guts to do things, so you have to get up, get your shoes on, tie those shoelaces, and just go. Trust me when I say that it's better to fail and learn from it, than to do nothing at all. Keep trying, learn from your mistakes, get better, and good things will come.

I signed up for some first aid training that lasted for a month, and I am tremendously proud that I did it, despite all the stress and anxiety. I got up, put my shoes on, and walked out the door every single day, and I excelled. It's now part of my resumé, and now I know how to help people in certain situations if needed, which is also vital. I knew that if I hadn't gone through it, I'd regret it tremendously, and now I don't have to feel like that. I'm done with it, and I'd do it again.

Get out of your beds and couches and chairs, and do some volunteer work for starters. You'll find heart-warming people who will welcome you and help you become better people. Don't spend your days wondering what this or that would be like. Get out there and find out for yourself. It's hard, and it'll make your heart want to jump out of your chest, but you'll come back home a proud and more fulfilled person in general.

Be strong and take care of yourselves. You've got more potential in you than you think. Don't venture yourselves into finding love when your life's still not properly balanced in terms of family, friends, school and/or work, otherwise you'll become dependent, and it'll drive you insane. Know how to prioritize, and you've got yourself a good start.

Last edited:

Danfalc

Banned
Always nice to see a inspirational post like this,and I am glad to hear you are making head way,I just hope you find the stability you seek :) Also rep to you.