find a therapist?

hartbrokenvirgo

hello forum,i know for sure i have avpd i have each and every sypton of avpd and i want help i am so tired of living this lonely life, i am tired of being afr aid to face situations, im tired of depending on other people, im sick of the fantasies,i am prepared to see a therapist and hopefully start taking medication.the only problem is i dont know where to start or who to turn to. i dont want want my family to find out if i go to therapy either is it possible?,

Sad-Kitten

First of all congrats!:D I found my therapist by looking threw the phone book. there's also places online that tell you the location of local therapist's.You may even find some reviews on some therapist's.

As for you not wanting your family to know, I'll just say this. I was terrified of my mom knowing that i wanted to see a therapist and the fact that she didn't understand my SA/OCD/ADD but i finally maned up and told her, and so far i haven't regretted it. It has been a lot easier with her support and her trying to understand whats going on with me. Hope this helps. GOOD LUCK!