Fighting this, need advice

sdds

hi all I am a bit new here,

Have suffered with SA for most of my life and struggle to overcome it. I am having a bit of a relapse after a successful last week facing my fears by cold calling companies looking for work. I am surprised how well I did it took quite a bit of effort.

I struggle with writing and spelling and this is a real problem for me because I get so anxious when writing in front of others. The pen shakes and I just cant think strait at all. If anyone has any tips on how to tackle this, great.

My anxiety is holding me back in my life but I feel that chatting on this forum will really help, I won't feel so alone.

cptkoi

Hiya sdds

How did the cold calling go? It can be very demoralising if all you get is 'no' and hang ups.

I am trying to think of the last time I wrote something in front of someone, I'm struggling! My spelling can be pretty naff at the best of times although I cant say I worry about it too much.

Suppose the best way to tackle the fear is to get help with your writing, evening class or something like that.

Good Luck :)

h

Chilling__Echo

cold calling is pretty unnerving. I do it though whenever i'm job searching (which i hate Hate HATE). but its so much better than going store to store or company to company in person 8O