feel sick... am i a freak?

mfs

hey everyone as i always start with i've been on medicine for ocd and have always feared being a pedophile/pervert/bad person lately that fear has been subsiding until recently. Im bad in relationships and am not popular with girls which also makes me fear that i will be a loner. A few nights ago i was on a website to meet people and there was a 13yr old girl that started flirting with me and sent me a picture of her in a bikini.... i found her attractive... she kept talking dirty and i masturbated to her.... afterwards i felt so guilty! i feel like this isnt normal and no one my age would do that (19) i mean im attracted to people my age but because of her age i feel like i'm sick

D

Dr. Anonymous

You are not a freak. That's a term people use when they don't understand something. I'm a counselor for the mentally ill (I'm not saying you are) and I received my BA in Psychology. Showing remorse for something you didn't do to someone proves that you wouldn't commit the act of pedophilia. True pedophilia causes emotional and potentially physical harm to another. Sexuality is (and has always been) a very blurred line.

Society changes. Not too long ago people were marrying young and producing children. Men would procreate with women after their first period-which is, coincidentally, around age thirteen. Take a look at Psychology of Sexuality as I did in my educational career. It's fascinating and should calm any concerns you might have about yourself. I think you are safe :)

mfs

thank you dr. anonymous... i hope you are right... i always find males around 15 sometimes attractive too though