Fear of being fool!!!

ShyBeliever

Hi everybody!!! Have you ever had such an intense fear of being foolish that you really become foolish in extremely simple situations? For example, many times i just can´t keep up with a conversation with strangers (or even friends) because i get absorbed by the fear of not being able to understand the speaker. The problem is that the fear comes true and when it´s my time to speak i really just dont know what to say or how to react.

I just get confused easily when i´m around people. I think this is not just shyness. the pressure of being observed and the requirement of a real-time response seems to block all my logical thinking and reasoning (which flows normally when i´m alone). Is this such an abnormality??

cLavain

ShyBeliever said:
Is this such an abnormality??
No, it's pretty normal when you're stressed out. Your brain is busy monitoring a situation it views as dangerous. The fear of doing something stupid is like a self-fulfilling prophecy sometimes.

Septor

ShyBeliever said:
Hi everybody!!! Have you ever had such an intense fear of being foolish that you really become foolish in extremely simple situations? For example, many times i just can´t keep up with a conversation with strangers (or even friends) because i get absorbed by the fear of not being able to understand the speaker. The problem is that the fear comes true and when it´s my time to speak i really just dont know what to say or how to react.

I just get confused easily when i´m around people. I think this is not just shyness. the pressure of being observed and the requirement of a real-time response seems to block all my logical thinking and reasoning (which flows normally when i´m alone). Is this such an abnormality??

Nope that not abnormality.It's more normal then you think.Everyone has times when they get stressed out even normal people but I do think people with sa have much harder time with it then others.

dazedandconfused

I used to have a irrational paranoia that I was mentally retarded (actually retarded). I have no clue how that came up...but w/e