F*** this condition

H

hl113

Hi,

I am a Canadian guy, in my 20s and I have been suffering from hh since I turned 18. It has made my life frustrating and miserable ever since. I think it must run in my family because I remember my Dad sweating alot when I was younger as well.

Where do I begin. Apart from sapping all my confidence in most situations, this condition has made me a surly, defensive and generally unfriendly human being. The thing I can't stand is people's reactions to it. Older people do not usually comment, but as for people my own age, it has made me the target of backhand comments and insults which rip me up inside. I understand people's ignorance, but the fact that I can't control it makes these comments worse. I have been through a hellish 4 years of high school, which I will not comment on and suffered ridicule for other reasons which I will leave unsaid. I got by on the hope that once I entered the workforce, I could eventually find some good friends and a place where I fit in.

I work as a waiter and I am ALWAYS busy running around. Therefore, the sweating usually occurs within the first half hour of service.The comments and ridicule is scathing from my co-workers, who think they are making harmless jokes. I like waitering a lot but I am considering quitting because of this condition. It's so much mental stress, and I want to quit this well paying and enjoyable job which is paying for rent and college, to stop this crap, I'm going to have to be a telemarketer or something horrible like that.

Anyways, thanks for letting me vent, I know it may seem to some a very minor problem, but it drags down your overall quality of life which is a goddamn shame.

hl

MyHyperhidrosis

Ya i had it since I can remember and I'm 25 now! Ended up constantly working behind a desk in a cubicle. My job is fulfilling however, I never like to meet the clients. That makes my boss think of me as a weirdo.

dougy

Nah mate, I completely understand. People think it wouldn't be a problem but unless you experience it personally, it's quite devastating. I mean you feel like the nervous wreck, the unhygienic guy.

It's really quite amazing what sweat can do to you. I mean, I'm quite a confident guy like everyone is different and all that, but come on, excessive unnecessary sweating??

It's just really unacceptable in society and affects your quality of life so much.

Have you tried anything for your HH? If you have generalised HH, seeing as you're in Canada, Robinul could work for you.