Excited to share something that helps

socialhelp

Hi. I want to hear from everyone about what you have found most helpful in making progress with your shyness.

I have been shy all my life and always tried to push myself and act social. It never worked and I ended up feeling like a social failure over and over again.

I saw this woman who is a Shyness Coach on the Today Show and she wrote a book about her personal experiences with shyness and her 25 years doing research. She seemed to really know what she was talking about so I decided to get her book. It helped me so much. I read many books about shyness before but I found little or no help until this one.

The book is called Don't Call Me Shy by Laurie Adelman. The book so clearly explains how shy people's thinking about ourselves keep us shy. There are many easy to do exercises in the book that helped me change my life around. I learned how to re-parent myself which increased my level of confidence immensely. I am so much more comfortable with myself and I am much better able to speak to people comfortably. For the first time in my life I really like myself and no longer feel ashamed and embarrassed when I'm with other people (even those who I don't know). This book is written for parents of shy kids and those of us who can learn to re-parent ourself which leads to the devlopment of increased social comfort.

I wanted to share with you what helped me so much so that you could try it for yourselves.....Now let me know what has helped you so far.

InProgress

Sounds good, thanks for the tip.

I have been checking out shyness books in the bookstore lately but didn't see this one. I'll look for it next time.

bluenow

socialhelp said:
Hi. I want to hear from everyone about what you have found most helpful in making progress with your shyness.

I have been shy all my life and always tried to push myself and act social. It never worked and I ended up feeling like a social failure over and over again.

I saw this woman who is a Shyness Coach on the Today Show and she wrote a book about her personal experiences with shyness and her 25 years doing research. She seemed to really know what she was talking about so I decided to get her book. It helped me so much. I read many books about shyness before but I found little or no help until this one.

The book is called Don't Call Me Shy by Laurie Adelman. The book so clearly explains how shy people's thinking about ourselves keep us shy. There are many easy to do exercises in the book that helped me change my life around. I learned how to re-parent myself which increased my level of confidence immensely. I am so much more comfortable with myself and I am much better able to speak to people comfortably. For the first time in my life I really like myself and no longer feel ashamed and embarrassed when I'm with other people (even those who I don't know). This book is written for parents of shy kids and those of us who can learn to re-parent ourself which leads to the devlopment of increased social comfort.

I wanted to share with you what helped me so much so that you could try it for yourselves.....Now let me know what has helped you so far.

Why don't you pay for your advertising instead of pretending to be a person that was helped by the book you so desperately want to sell.

AlinaGirl

bluenow said:
socialhelp said:

Why don't you pay for your advertising instead of pretending to be a person that was helped by the book you so desperately want to sell.

Why did you have to be rude? That poster might have honestly been trying to post something that could help everyone. Isn't that the point here? To help everyone deal with their shyness?

Iseesky

bluenow said:
socialhelp said:

I was gonna say the exact same thing :lol: