Emsam information

jmk1502

I have been aware that I have SAD since 2002. I first tried Paxil, which helped a bit but basically was approved for SAD because of the drug company's lobbying. I have basically been on Klonopin since the end of 2002 and found it to be the only truly effective treatment for SAD. However, the problems (Memory loss, tolerance, etc.), have led me to seek new avenues. I have researched the topic thoroughly and saw that Nardil (Phenelzine) had the reputation of being the most effective SAD medication. I tried it via online ordering in 2003, to no avail. As far as I can ascertain, it was because the manufacturer changed the ingredients. Yesterday I started Emsam (Selegine), which is purported to be a MAOI without the dietary restrictions (6mg over a 24 hour period). I experienced a bit of insomnia last night, but when I woke this morning I felt very energetic. The funny thing is that I can't tell if it is helping the SP. Of course I need to give it time, and I will continue to post my progress. I was wondering if anyone out there has taken or knows much about this medication. It was approved by the FDA in February of this year.