Electrical stimulation of the sympathetic nervous chain!?!

surfsider

interesting find. although it seems since the goal is not to destroy the nerves but suppress their response or output that this would be a temporary solution unless the nerve just stops firing like it did before. Therefore a person who had severe HH would most likely need to repeat this. Plus it sounds like they deflate the lung and could damage the nerves while they're doing it but it sounds safer than ETS for sure.

This article is about 4 years old and I'm wondering where the idea has gone or if its in practice anywhere in the united states. I have HH of the hands and feet but it's more mild/moderate than severe. I never sweat when its cold only when writing in a warm room or holding on to objects for awhile like a nintendo controler. I use Hydrosal gel at night and this has helped a lot and im getting iontohporesis done. My hand will never drip or anything and i started paying attention to this after high school, since then its gotten a little worse but not much and Im almost 22 so hopefully it'll stay how its been.

Hey!

Thank you, but actually I got this off of Pinker's sticky on this very Forum. Pinker put soooo many different remedies and definitions! Before I found this site, I was convinced I had tried every single possible treatment. Not anymore.

Yeah, you're right, if they are disturbing the nerves, than it must not be that good. ETS can be done either by clipping or clamping (not sure if the clamping style has a different name.) If I were to ever go with ETS, I would definitely choose the clamping so that the clamps can taken off if ever compensatory was to occur (which it does supposedly in %80 of patients!) Stupid compensatory! Yeah, my mother would not let me go through with ETS even if I wanted to!

I have palmoplantar HH (hands and feet.) It is pretty severe, but I've been living with it for so long that I know how to manage it well. Robinul every morning, ioning my feet twice a week, cold weather, wearing socks, drinking alcohol if I'm planning on being intimate with someone (he he, great excuse huh? Well it really works for the HH!) I'll be 24 come Spring. I've had boyfriends since I was 16 and have managed to hide my HH from every single one! I'm pretty good at hiding it ;)

he he

Oh by the way, here's another interesting contraption I found on Pinker's remedy forum:

"Dry Type" iontophoresis
A new iontophoresis device was manufactured which did not use tap water to control sweating.
http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/do...4725.2007.33007.x?cookieSet=1&journalCode=dsu

This would be SOOOO convenient! I could have many roomates and not have to worry about waiting to ion when no one's home just so that I can safely run back and forth from the bathroom to fill up my stupid ion trays undetected! Do you guys know anything about this new machine?

kingflab

Thing is, they've already found the solution to palmer hidrosis -

Botox in iontophoresis worked perfectly, was easy to apply, and its effects lasted for about 4 months. Its not cheap, but it certainly does the job.

albarosa2008

I'm so perplexed as to why the rubinol hasn't worked for you as well as for me..I take 1.5 milligrams of glycopyrrolate (avert -in canada) once a day, sometimes twice, to be super-protected. It might sound like a silly question, but have you tried a higher dosage? and do you think drinking and/or smoking might exacerbate sweating or even make the glyco ineffective?
I don't have money to buy an ionto machine and if it doesn't really work, I don't know if I should bother setting any hopes on that. Does it help you at all??
Any kind of new procedure would cost arm&leg-and I'd be scared to make a bad condition even worse>is it even possible? >
With the botox-ionto, I wonder what the long-term repercussions of exposure to that degree of absorption of botox would be? Just the word botox or surgery makes me want to sweat.

Thanks for the info!

kingflab

Botox is only dangerous when misused. You only require a small dosage in the ionto procedure - no more than the safe requirement for normal botox treatment for HH.

Its a shame its not available yet.

albarosa2008

Thanks, Kingflab, I gather you have used this treatment with success?
I also agree it's a shame treatments are not available to all sufferers (survivors) of HH and affordable.

kingflab

Nope, there was a university that gave it a trial run (Glasgow I think), and it turned out to be a really good solution. After that nobody else bothered to look into it.