Earliest Memories

Bexi

Evening all, what is your earliest memory? Sadly, the earliest thing I can remember is being in school- aged 4, wish I could remember before that.
Those were the days :)

Neebo

Hi Bexi, I've got a very good memory and I can actually remember a time when I was a baby. I remember waking up one night in my cot and it was completely dark and I couldn't see anything and then I remember crying for my parents to come and get me. And I actually remember my mum coming into the room,turning on the light and picking me up and comforting me :) My memory then goes totally blank and I can't remember what else happens after that. So I'd say that is my very best earliest memory :)

Boundless

I remember when i was younger(no idea of age,must have been 5/6) was ill and got a chirstmas pressy early,was a monster teddy with orange cuffs and a big nose.

Bexi

o god boundless! my brother had that ugly monster thing!! hehe :) it was purple i think with whispy hair??

paul

I was 3, at little beagle school (it's like ... pre-pre school). I really liked this teacher because she had an accent. :? that's all really.

redlady

I think i was about 4 and my dad took me to daycare - but they wanted me to lay down on this big peice of paper so they could trace around my little body, that sort of put me off - i cried to my dad and told him i didn't want to stay, so he took me home. Tears, they will do it every time :cry:

redlady

I like your 'lame' jokes man - you have a very sarcastic, cutting and witty sense of humour - i love it your funny. Yeah so i take it that whole 'i love you' to total strangers was a product of that humour - How lame am i :idea: that's why your humour appeals to me :lol: Der he says, well it still sounds like fun - i'd love to see their reactions.

4myself

I remember being at a friends house and watching punky brewster, I used to love that show :)

Pearl

Same as others, l remember from when l was 4 at kinder and 5 in grade prep - l peed on the floor cos l was too scared to ask to go to the toilet. Total humiliation. Anxiety has followed me since then! :x A good memory is eating marmalade toast with my nana age 5 at the kitchen table, cos she died that year, but l still remember that. We were like buddies, we were the only people in my family who liked marmalade.

blubs

Oh pearl!...you poor little mite :(

my earliest memory was when I was about 2, when our dog at the time ran off and didn't come back
I was so distressed

redlady

4myself wrote:

I remember being at a friends house and watching punky brewster, I used to love that show :)

Me too! I loved her bedroom, it was like a rainbow fantasy world.

ColdAsIce

I can remember being sat in my high chair and being fed by my mum, I can still rememeber her stupid faces' she use to make in order to get me to finnish my food...ha ha..... :lol:

redlady

Wow ColdAsIce! - what a fantastic memory you have. :D That would be almost weird to be able to remember when you were a baby - man it seems almost weird to me that once i was a baby.

ColdAsIce

Redlady...ha ha I wish!!...I can remember alot from my childhood, but nowadays I have a brain like a bucket filled with holes.

Something has to really interest me in order for me to remember it, I had a terrible time remember things for school exams and such, even today with jobs, I have a terrible memory!... :roll:

redlady

Ah you have just described my 'memory' - it feels wrong to even refer to it as that - 'bucket filled with holes' me to a tee. Hate it. :evil: :roll: