Drugs are a short cut, but not a solution? Agree/disagree?

Vincent

Banned
Ive read that drugs, reduce the negative chemicals in your head, or increase the positive ones.

But these postive ones can be gained through external experiences and internal thinking. For example, love.

So with drugs, you flood your brain with positive chemicals, but there is no cause for the euphoria except the drugs themselves.

Therefore one can be happy without any stimulus, but not succeed in fulfilling one's destiny because of anxiety. But one can be happy being a failure.

Maybe, the positive chemicals have a harder time maintaining the euphoria against the negative thinking and lack of external stimulis that realisation of failure and bordom cause.

Then more drugs are needed, but it will never be long term.

Do you find that feelings of bordom and depression are a signal to yourself to seek external stimulis? How often is that stimulis to be found in meaningful interaction with others or from whatever you desire. However, you are prevented from getting this meaningful stimulis because of anxiety. This anxiety feeds itself. It's a downwards spiral.

I understand that the depression that goes with SA prohibit action, so then there is a need for medication, so that depression doesn't rob motivation.

Has anyone had success on natural herbal remedies, such as St John's Wort, Kava Kava, Passion Flower and so forth? I have heard you can get a pill that has a mix of all of these....

Thanks for your time

:?

Vincent

redlady

I don't know about anybody else but my depression stems from my anxiety.
Drugs are not a solution in themselves, they don't eradicate one's problems. They can help to lessen the severity of what someone is suffering from - thereby making it a little easier to work on your problems. In that respect they can be useful - provided you find one that works for you.

Sue

drugs scare me so iv never taken them for my sp of pannick attacks. i think i can manage without them but i also think some people need them to get them started. it is up to the person to decide if they want to use drugs of help themselves through their own powerful mind.

id rather be my own hero.

LittleMissScareAll

Drugs were not even a shortcut for me. They didn't do anything for me...except make me want to sleep all the time, and feel dizzy. Which is fine if you want to sleep your life away. Actually that doesn't sound like such a bad idea, but it isn't exactly possible. :cry:

Chilling__Echo

i am all for the drugs!! all for them. they may be a shortcut, but anything we feel is a chemical imbalance basically, meds just balance it. i think they are a good boost for confidence in getting over the hill of SA. i think everyone should at least give them a try - we have the resources, why not use them? i think they're wonderful.

i've never tried herbal remedies though, that's my next plan

kattness

depends which drugs - i used to be really into hard drugs...... it ruined my life.
anti-depressions never worked for me - which upset me,cos theres alot of hype around it.
drugs of any kind are wrong to me. (apart from alcohol)

thugaveli

t_204_mkaymackey.jpg

"Mmmkay" "Drugs Are Bad. And If You Do Drugs You're Bad. 'Cause Drugs Are Bad

I find it hard to believe that anyone has been 100% cured by legal drugs
They might help in 1 way or another but not cure

I think everyone should at least try legal drugs because what works for some doesn't for others but most that ive tried ive been hampered with side effects which are more trouble than the actuall problem your trying to cure

If i'm honest drugs don't suit my body, it takes a high dose for me to feel anything and then i get side effects

The problem with SP is at the end of the day your the only 1 that can cure it
You can be advised, given medication, have all the support in the world but its down to you to hit that 100%