Drinking...

Just wondering if some people could comment on this please....

In my local pub there is an old fellah i talk to who is in his 60's and i THINK he is in the pub every day just reading his paper and i join him sometimes for a good blether and he has say about 4/5 beers is my guess anyway.

What i want to know is is that 4/5 beers a day too much for him?? dont get me wrong he dont guzzle them or anything just drinks them nice and normally while reading his paper for a few hours.

Any Comments??

CZi

Just wondering if some people could comment on this please....

In my local pub there is an old fellah i talk to who is in his 60's and i THINK he is in the pub every day just reading his paper and i join him sometimes for a good blether and he has say about 4/5 beers is my guess anyway.

What i want to know is is that 4/5 beers a day too much for him?? dont get me wrong he dont guzzle them or anything just drinks them nice and normally while reading his paper for a few hours.

Any Comments??

Since you said it's over the course of a few hours it's more then likely fine. It really depends on his height and weight, the % of alcohol in each beer and any current health conditions. Drinking 2-3 beers a day has relative health BENEFITS as drinking 1-2 glasses of wine. All beer, especially unfiltered, contain B Vitamins, antioxidants and studies show it can help lower chances of stroke too. I wouldn't worry too much about if he's just enjoying his time and retirement. Though he probably shouldn't be imbibing 5+ EVERY day. Moderation. :D