don here, question about my medication

i have been taking paroxetine (paxil) for my sa for about 2 months now and i feel it isnt' doing anything, i know im not going to turn into a social butterfly who doesn't feel like i am being attacked all the time by everyone just by taking these pills but still shouldn't i "feel" a change in my body or something where im a little more loose and less tense and stuck?

the story is, i was speaking with a dr. whom i was directed by my psychiatrist and mentioned paxil, and right off the bat he said okay im going to have u take that, literally like a few seconds afterwards of my mentioning as if he put no thought into what i needed and as if he was so sure that this was going to change me

well i believe i see him here shortly and im going to mention how this paxil isn't doing me much, but i am making some progress and improving on my s.a.d. none the less but i feel it's because of my sessions with my therapists and not the medication

any suggestions on medication??
would be much much much appreciated, thanks

Chilling__Echo

i've taken paxil with success, but it's kind of a good thing it didn't work for you b/c it's a dangerous drug... i don't have any suggestions though. you just have to experiment until you find the right thing.

also you would feel a significant change. like, calmer in general. you may wake up with so much stressful things to do, your life isn't all together, but with paxil you feel like, "ok, it's a mess, but i can handle it"

Falcon

It's possible it's not working.

Or, it's possible that you're not putting yourself into situations in which you can give it an opportunity to work. You're right, it's not going to turn you into a social butterfly, but it might make you that little bit less anxious when you walk into a room of acquaintances.