Does your hair affect you in social situations?

beautiful

I have long hair, and in awkward situations I can just hide behind my hair. Like when Im in the cinema, I can always feel people watching me, so I put my hair in front of my ears & it hides my face.
I do this a lot. I have my hair down to hide my face a little lol.
If I have my hair in a pony tail or short, I feel like Im exposed! and people can see my face easily.

I hope this makes sense lol. But I can tell that people who have very short hairstyles, are more confident?

Does anyone understand what Im saying? Does your hair affect you in scary situations? :D

beautiful

Phew! Im so glad theres someone out there who understands me on this. I tried telling my boyfriend this, but he didnt understand me hehe

I hide behind my hair sometimes, I used to a lot more than I do now though.

My hair also affects my anxiety in other ways, for example, if I haven't had a chance to wash my hair that day, and it is even a little bit greasy my confidence levels plummit dramatically.

allanboy

I feel more confident(i mean cocky) when my hair is nice, like, easier to handle than normal, and when it´s not that big and ugly.

AnthonyJ31

allanboy said:
I feel more confident(i mean cocky) when my hair is nice, like, easier to handle than normal, and when it´s not that big and ugly.

I am having some problems and/or anxiety about my hair also, but in a different way. My hairline has started to recede -not alot, but it's starting to go back - and it really bothers me. I've never been the most confident guy in the first place, but now that I notice my forehead getting a little bigger, it bothers me. I'm fighting it every step of the way. I have been taking a prescription medication for the last two months along with some topical medications that have shown promise for some people. I know it might make me sound vain and if it does, so be it. It's just tough having to battle the SA and the effects of SA along with a more noticeable, aesthetic problem.....Such is life!

Septor

I have problem with my hair,I don't like it.So I have worn a hat every time I go out sense I was 14.Thank good for hats.

SilentOutlaw

Oh yeah, hats are great when you hate ur hair. Ive worn a hat since I was 2 years old. I sleep and shower with my hat on. I love hats. lol :lol:

SilentOutlaw

Yeah, i always hated in school they made you take your hat off. There was no good reason for not being allowed to wear it and i would have felt more comfortable if i could have worn it. I went to an alternative school for my last years of high school and they understood people there and let you wear hats.

Septor

Court is also a place that you can't wear a hat.It did'nt help my nervousness any when I had jury duty.

Tseng

Yeah I used to hide behind my hair, I always felt more comfortable when people couldn't see my face properly. I stopped doing it though when I realized how messy it looked when it was covering half my face :D .

Richey

I have unmanagable hair. Gel doesn't seem to help either. Even the hairdresser told me that my hair is basically too dry and can't be styled. This made me feel very depressed as a guy.

D

deleteduser

crazyfairyx said:
I hide behind my hair sometimes, I used to a lot more than I do now though.

My hair also affects my anxiety in other ways, for example, if I haven't had a chance to wash my hair that day, and it is even a little bit greasy my confidence levels plummit dramatically.

OMG me 2! i hav to wash my hair almost every day!

beautiful

I had the same problem if my hair didnt look good. But now Ive found a good shampoo which makes my hair go nice and thicker and lovely, so theres like a thicker area to cover my face hehe!

If someone gives me a funny look about having my hair in front of my ears I just tell them it keeps me warm in winter!

black_mamba

Richey said:
I have unmanagable hair. Gel doesn't seem to help either. Even the hairdresser told me that my hair is basically too dry and can't be styled. This made me feel very depressed as a guy.

Same here, all the hairdressers I braved have totalled messed up my hair or told me to see someone else (i.e. piss off). Plus, my hair is constantly frizzy and over the top, it just wants attention all the time I have to keep a constant tab on how shitty I look because I feel so self-conscious. Well, anyone would be embarrassed if they had half their hair sticking up into the air. :cry:

Danfalc

Banned
Even though i shave my head number 0 all over (due to my hair being impossible to stlye and i hate paying £7 every week at the barbers).I can relate to what your saying beautiful, i wear a baseball hat constantly and sometimes have my hood up so i can kinda hide behind them. :oops: