Does this sound like a panick attack?

dawk

Hi all,

I think I had a panick attack today. I was in an arguement with my wife...
we where close to breaking up. Suddenly, I felt light headed and I couldn't catch my breath. So, I laid down and my wife got me a cold compress.

Then the fear set in. It was the worst fear imaginable. I was terrified. It felt like my mind was leaving me. I couldn't controle my thougths. I thought I was going crazy.

After an hour of this, I told my wife to call an ambulance. She said she would drive me, but that thought frightened me.

When the EMS guys got there, they were all pretty good, but this one guy was telling me their isn't any wrong with me, I just needed to calm down.

He asked me why I wanted to go to the hospital, and I said, because I think I may have a heart attack if this keeps up.

They, degrudgingly took me to the hospital and after what felt like an eternity, the doc gave me some adivan.

An hour later I felt much better and they let me go.

Does this sound like a panick attack?

Tim001

Yeah, it sounds like a panic attack. You might have GAD (general anxiety disorder). Usually there is no explaination for it, it just happens. I'm no expert though. I know alot more about SAD. :wink:

dawk

Thanks for the replies.

The doctor wouldn't tell me one way or another what it was.

But, during the attack he asked me if I smoked, I told him yes.

And his reply was, "That's good, you'll be dying of enphazema soon."

Needless to say that didn't help my panick.

I'm a little any at him for that remark. It only fueled an already burning fire.

Meatwad

Can panic attacks really last that long? I don't know, I guess I just have a different kind. Mine are intense, but only last a few minutes or so... like I really can't take in a breath, like hyperventilating, choking feeling, lump in my throat, pain in my chest and stomach and throat.

I'd be interested to know what others panic attacks are like?