do u have imaginary friends?

sweetsour_eisha

Hi,

I'm 18 years old and i'm not quite sure when this first started, but i do have some memories of being able to be just myself without worries, but that seems to be ages ago. i often wonder whether other people think or feel the way that i do. when i first started searching for answers of why am i like this etc. , i thought i'm schizophrenic.. but the more i search, the more i am convinced that i have SA , except for one thing.. i have imaginary friends :cry: to escape from the painful world outside , i create my own world behind my locked bedroom doors, but infront of my family , i appeared normal or maybe that's how they think..

To me, living in this world or maybe my world , doesn't mean anything at all because it seems so dull and weird i feel empty the whole time..
when i try to converse, i feel like my words are unexpressed i can't think right, i stumbled with my words and sweat started to run down my body and my palms.. my heart will beat faster than before. it's like i wanted so much to get out from there..

when i read stories and postings from this site, i feel like i'm reading my own diary , reflecting a lot of things about me.. i really wanna know if imaginary friends too, exists in your world? :cry: ..

itchy

Hi,

Yea, I feel very similar to you. I find it hard to communicate to people. I don’t really feel like people ever see my true self because I’m always so full of anxiety. But when I’m alone in my bedroom I live in a totally different world in my head and my heart. I don’t think I have imaginary friends although something I do is create characters in my art and express all my feelings through them. I write comics and stories and music and stuff. Like, for example, the last few months have been pretty tough for me and I’ve been harbouring a lot of anger, but from somewhere I created this character called Phenol who doesn’t take any shit from anyone and when he gets pissed off he just chops peoples head’s of with an axe!!!

I also talk to myself a lot, like I’m explaining something to somebody. But I’m intrigued about your imaginary friends, cause like, with me talking to myself, I reckon if you’re not hurting anyone then there’s nothing wrong with it. So what do your friends look like? Are they a nuisance or a comfort? And are you aware that they’re imaginary…i.e. can tell them apart from real people?

fudgebunny

unhappy still

hi, yeah i totally understand what u r sayin, ive been where u are, and understand exactly what u r sayin! what you wrote were as if i had written it...... :oops: social anxiety is a pain in the backside serios! :(

Skyla

isnt tht some form of a symtom of SA? not creating imaginary people but i think the term is day dreaming or fantasising of things such as a better life or things where you're not under confident and afraid to speak. i do dat at night sometimes. before i fall asleep sometimes i day dream of an ideal place to be. anyone else?
its normal to day dream or to fantasise anyway. people without SA do that.

renegade

Imaginary friends ? I dunno, maybe if i could create them it would be much easier for me cause I wouldn't feel so lonley all the time. I wouldn't mind being a schizophrenic talking to imaginary people and feeling happy :roll:

But, as Cassie said, I fantasise a lot and see myself with people I know in situations that will never exist in real life, i imagine talking to them like a normal person, receving good feedback and so on... :) And then I bring myself back to reality and start braking things or crying

I think 'people like us' tend to have more and more vivid daydreams.
When i daydream its often about the friends i had 'before it all went wrong'...
Sometimes i am really violent and vindictive in these fantasies, it helps me to achieve some kind of balance. When u think rational about dreams, daydreams or imaginary friends its easy to be freaked out, there must be some 'shame-gene' for it or something, but i think its a great way to keep in touch with your subconscious.

renegade

''shame gene'' :eek: I guess if it were that simple SP would be a thing of the past. But since scientist strugle to find the responsible genes for other diseases, I guess we will have 2 wait and medicate with anxiety and depression pills.

Why I am saying this is because over the last years they have found a gene that is guilty for the misfunctioning of the lymphatic ganglions witch lead to leukemia, and as a result a med that deactivates that gene

scatmantom

yea i dream about things I have done in the past, or how i could be if i was cured by some miracle!

Imaginary friends isnt for me tho. But i do think my overactive imagination has played a part in my anxiety.

It may sound stupid but I think too much!