Do I have OCD

Do I have OCD?
I feel extremely uncomfortable whenever something isn't an even number or I make a mistake.
I clean the toilet seat with toilet paper everytime I go.
I wash my hands heaps of times every day.
There is a list of things that I do that I think might be weird but I don't want to do them.
I try to keep these things a secret from my parents because they watch shows like Monk and they think OCD is funny and strange.
Please tell me if I should tell them and how.
Thank you.

it sounds like you have ocd but maybe you should go see a psychologist or someone at your school who is qualified just to see what they think.

I hid it from my mum for 7 years and now that she knows, things are alot easier between us because she understands.

If you feel comfortable telling them you should because having to hide it makes it alot harder

Ok, thank you.
I'm too scared to tell my parents because I think that they won't believe me and if they do then they will think i'm wierd, because they watch too many TV shows like Monk.

They might think IT is weird but not you. it takes awhile for people to get use to. Its just part of who you are and they have to learn that. It makes you who you are =]

Ok, Thank you.
I just don't know how to tell them.
I don't know what they'll say if I tell them that I have OCD, they might not believe me. :(

alexb854

If they dont believe you than you should at least ask to go and see a doctor , my parents thought i was doing my ticks cause Monk had ticks that he performed, they thought i was trying to be like him.
I am the only one that knows that i have OCD

yuti

ive got obsessive thoughts and i feel it is very hard to stop it i cry all the time because ive got depression and anxiety to i have a lot of phobias i have a pshyciatrist who doesn't help

saraz

my opinion of cause

I have been suffering from ocd for 6 years. Exactly since I started dating my ex-husband. :evil: I am obsessed with thinking I look older than I am, Really old and constantly looking in the mirror. He used to do many little passive/agressive things to make me feel unattractive which is the reason we separated. The problem is it has gotten much worse, almost unbearable since we have been estranged. Sometimes I start getting better and then I will see him again and it starts again. I purposely visit him when I am feeling good to see if I can figure out what's happening so I can get control and make myself quit reacting to whatever cues he is sending out but I haven't been able to so far. Other people are also able to trigger it. These are always very insecure jealous people and I know they are doing something consciously or unconsciously to aggravate it. I can actually observe what they are doing sometimes but can not make myself stop reacting. Bye the way, some people actually make me forget about it when I'm with them. I almost always forget about it when I am in the company of non-triggering people and being alone for long periods of time make it occur without triggers. Also, if I can get absorbed in some task, I will forget but sometimes the obsession keeps me from being able to do anything. I know that I am learning something from all this but it is very painful! I don't know why it ever starts when I'm alone unless the loneliness just reminds me of these nasty people and what they do. I cannot let myself be angry with them because the problem is with MY REACTION. Even if they are doing it on purpose it may be their ocd. What do you think? Can knowing where it comes from help to stop it? For some it could be some trigger from the past.

MH06

I clean the toilet seat with toilet paper everytime I go.

I do that, dont worry, its mainly cause i hate the idea of someones pubic hair being there