Do I have OCD or am I just interesting?

Krumpet

Alright, first things first. I'm 18 now, eat regularly, nothing out of the ordinary mentally despite a few hard years with a g/f that moved away. I was depressed for six-eight months and saw a psychiatrist pretty regularly. However, something strange happened this summer.

I've never been a neat freak. Even lying in my bed now, I look up and see unorganized clothes, a soda can or two lying around, stuff strewn randomly about my room, typically teenager stuff. But it hasn't hit...for a while.

See, it seems that I only get OCD when I get abnormally tired. The first time was the worst. I was always staying over at friend's houses, going to parties, lanning PC and X360, etc.
I should mention it's all clean fun, with no alchohol or drugs. But we had more soda than some soda fountains at restaurants carry, as well as caffeine pills. Anyway, after my friends finally crashed around 3-4 a.m., I got incredibly tired. But I kept looking around the room and seeing a huge mess...ethernet cords everywhere, shoes all over the place...even the cellphones started to bug me. It was so unbearable that I started to clean up...everything.
I emptied soda cans and threw them into bags based upon what the drink was. I took all the shoes out of the room and put them outside the door, sorted by color and shoe size. I took cellphones and put them in a drawer, arranging them in a replica of who was sitting where. I took peoples bags and set them outside, again in the weird seating arrangement we had been in at the lan. Everything became so neat and organized that when I woke up and left in the morning, the rest of the day the other attendees were calling me asking where their stuff was. It was so logically arranged that it was illogical.
Everytime I stay somewhere now and stay up too late, I clean up friend's rooms, houses, etc. I once stayed up from 4 in the morning to 10 in the morning after my friend went to sleep to clean up his room, the kitchen, the living room, the bathroom, and was working on the garage when his mom woke up. She actually payed me for it, she felt so bad.
Now, it's a common joke with my friends' parents now to invite me over and buy a ton of soda when they see that the house is dirty.
Truthfully, I don't mind helping them out, and cleaning up is never a bad thing...I'm just worried that it may become Full blown OCD...

What do you all think?

Krumpet

Meh, my style of writing is to write in a way that will amuse and inform others at the same time, makes things a lot easier to read when they are put like that. it was also like 4 in the morning...but anyway.

Unfortunately, it's not the sugar causing it. I stopped drinking soda for a December resolution thing, and I still did it when I was sleepy. But I won't worry about it, as long as it isn't an indicator of full OCD. Thanks for your help.

Friendly forum browser,
Krumpet

paulmm

like most mental disorders, people dont 'have OCD' or 'not have OCD'. its a spectrum thing. you probably have the genetics for it, but they only manifest into OCD when ur hopped up on caffeine or really tired.

some people can exhibit symptoms of full-blown psychosis when tired. i wouldnt worry about it unless it starts taking up hours of your normal day.