Ditropan - Maximum dosage at one time

JustG

Forgive me if I am asking a question that has been asked several times before. I have read through several posts on the forum.

I have recently switched from Pro-Banthine to Ditropan.

Week 1 - 5mg Week 2 - 10mg daily Week 3 - 3x5mg daily

I am now on week 2 and took 10mg for the first time today. I took two pills together at 0730 1-1.5 hrs before eating. I had a dry sensation in hands and feet ( though I did nothing more physical than sitting around but did do 15 mins Ionto on hands & ), which lasted for around 1 hr.

During this time I was very hazy and a little disoriented, with my pupils dilated. I have to also take the Ditropan for my bladder, Iwas originally on Vesicare ( which was better ) but unfortunately cannot take both together.

I was hoping that someone could advise me what the maximum dosage may be for taking at one time. I do not really want to take more than 10mg at once, especially if the drug has a short half life.

When I am up to 3x5mg, should I stagger the pills to one every 2 hrs to cover day time hours. I am not as worried about evening as I rarely go out then.

I've read that people have taken their Ditropan before bed. Does the effect last through the night and until daytime?

Any advice, gratefully received. Thanks

Last edited: