disengagement

this goes for Liberty and anyone who knows about it.. could u explain a little more about the term..
sa wise...

like your sorta in your "own world" not in the cucu way, but still..
is there any other name for it?

Last edited:

Jumping Flea

I think you might be talking about depersonalization disorder?

I get this a lot, the feeling that im not real, and that no one ever notices me. Or sometimes its like im on 'auto-pilot' . Living like a robot and not really in control

Symptoms

The core symptom of depersonalization disorder is the subjective experience of unreality, and as such there are no clinical signs. Common descriptions are: watching oneself from a distance; out-of-body experiences; a sense of just going through the motions; feeling as though one is in a dream or movie; not feeling in control of one's speech or physical movements; and feeling detached from one's own thoughts or emotions.[4] Individuals with the disorder commonly describe a feeling as though time is 'passing' them by and they are not in the notion of the present. These experiences may cause a person to feel uneasy or anxious since they strike at the core of a person's identity and consciousness.

Some of the more common factors that exacerbate dissociative symptoms are negative effects, stress, subjective threatening social interaction, and unfamiliar environments. Factors that tend to diminish symptoms are comforting interpersonal interactions, intense physical or emotional stimulation, and relaxation.[5] Factors identified as relieving symptom severity such as diet, exercise, alcohol and fatigue, are listed by others as worsening symptoms.[6]

Fears of going crazy, brain damage, and losing control are common complaints. Individuals report occupational impairments as they feel they are working below their ability, and interpersonal troubles since they have an emotional disconnection from those they care about. Neuropsychological testing has shown deficits in attention, short-term memory and spatial-temporal reasoning.[7] Depersonalization disorder is associated with cognitive disruptions in early perceptual and attentional processes.[8]
Depersonalization disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia