Dietary Changes: Great results

Bholt1

I have struggled with hyperhidrosis of my hands and feet ever since i can remember. I have taken glycopyrollate 2mg everyday for the past few years and have seen very pleasing results. Yesterday morning i went to the ER due to severe back spasms and he told me that i had a very low potassium count. He said that sweating causes you to lose large amounts of potassium. I was prescribed potassium pills and have been taking them everyday and i have been 80% dry. I still have sweating when i'm doing activities, but when i'm just sitting around it isn't as severe and unbearable as it has been for my entire life. I've stopped taking glycopyrollate in the time being. I'd suggest it to anyone who wants to see some sort of results in their HH. Using glycopyrollate and consuming a lot of potassium after the 3-4 hour period of no eating would perhaps be very useful also. Just wanted to share, please let me know if you see any progress!

blueherron

Interesting...the potassium pills have reduced your sweating?

You have been able to stop taking glyco? Did you have any problems stopping taking it after being on it so long? I've been on it about the same amount of time and have wanted to reduce or stop but wondered what effect it would have if any.

Bholt1

Yes but i'm nowhere near the amount of dryness i was with Glyco. I didn't have any problems but i noticed that with glyco my anxiety due to sweating decreased a lot more. I've been a nervous wreck without it honestly so i'm more than likely gonna go back on it.

Bholt1

Yes i just took 2mg the second i woke up and waited at least 4 hours. It would leave me very dry and lasted basically the whole day. I've never tried splitting it up before.

blueherron

OK, good info. So I typically wait 2 hours during the week but on the weekend will wake up and take 1.5 mg and go back to sleep. 2.5-3 hours later I typically eat and I always seem to be drier when I wait longer but was never positive. Have you found through trial and error that 4 hours is best?

Bholt1

Yes 4 hours seems to be the magic number for me. However, i think everyone's bodies respond and process medicine differently and with different speeds. I've never tried taking part and then sleeping and then taking the rest a few hours later, but i think i'll give it a shot. I'm about to start using iontophoresis because i believe that with all the positive reviews it's worth a shot.

blueherron

I started out by using glyco and found it somewhat effective. I still take it daily and have for 2 years or so. However, I've been doing ionto with the Fischer MD1-A for over a year and a half with positive results for my hands. I have struggled with my feet the entire time. Tried ionto a couple of times for my feet but sweating increased to the point I gave up after 9-10 sessions. I do plan to try again soon with possibly adding in some of the glyco to the water as I have read this can work when plain tap water does not.

john2223

I have read somewhere that excessive sweating and low potassium were linked. I believe part of the reason is because we lose a lot of potassium when we sweat excessively.