Did I take this the wrong way, or was it some friendly teasing?

yesman

When I was in grade 3, I found a new gang of friends that I felt like I belonged in. Together, we all did some "bad boy" stuff, like pick on some people here and there. I joined in on this behavior because I wanted revenge after I was bullied for around a month in grade 2, because of my "funny" name. I also developed quite the potty mouth in those days.

One day, we got in trouble by a teacher. After we were released, I meant to say something negative about her, but it came out completely distorted: instead of saying what I wanted to say, I said "I want to suck her penis". This made my friends laugh and run away from me. I got upset, and started crying, and yet they still ran away and laughed at me. This effectively destroyed my friendships with that group of friends.

Ever since then, I've had massive trouble making friends, and keeping them. I've suffered from jealousy, and intense trust issues. I thought we were supposed to be friends forever!

But nowadays, I'm thinking, maybe I'm the one to blame...Maybe I took it the wrong way. Did I?

EternalIce

Kids are going to do stupid stuff, I should know, I still consider myself a kid... But anyways, eventually they probably would have come around if u waited long enough even though they would probably bring up your blunder constantly and to your horror. So it may possibly be your fault that you wouldn't want to continue associating with ****s like that. However hindsight destroys us all in a way, it's a common thing especially among people with SA where "oh if only I said that, or did this my life would be better", you can ponder on what would be, but ultimately it is useless, conclusions that are drawn by only delving into memory may seem logical but may be misleading.

yesman

Thanks for responding EternalIce. I thought I was part of the problem...If only I just kept my cool! Although it is true that hindsight is always 20/20...

But, I kind of feel lucky that my "friends" abandoned me. Although it has created multiple problems for me, nowadays, none of those people,except one, is doing well in school...at least one of them has become caught up in drugs and whatnot. So, sucks to be them. :)