Did anyone take the Meds for SEVERAL YEARS and still work?

nope1

I'm asking because I'm considering on taking meds to relieve my social phobia that I have for what... all my life? But I don't don't want to take them and after a couple of months or years, the same symptoms appears.

I'm following Psychology because I know meds just helps you cope with the situation but you also need therapy.

Your experience will be appreciated.

MThill

Re: Did anyone take the Meds for SEVERAL YEARS and still wor

nope1 said:
I'm asking because I'm considering on taking meds to relieve my social phobia that I have for what... all my life? But I don't don't want to take them and after a couple of months or years, the same symptoms appears.

I'm following Psychology because I know meds just helps you cope with the situation but you also need therapy.

Your experience will be appreciated.

If you have any kind of a phobia, I recommend EFT to help. I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record here but EFT has helped people get over a fear of heights, a snake phobia, and many other phobias. Your social phobia may have many aspects to it and the key is to break them down into one aspect, or even situation at a time and tap for the statements that you can find in the self-help section of this forum. Let me know once you've tried it. Since learning about EFT, I feel it should be the first step-being that it is harmless, non invasive and easily self-administered.