Diazepam 2mg.

BlaiseBLATES

I know it's dangerous and addictive an that but I've only been prescribed enough for a family party, a trial and a couple cases of fun =D...Does anybody have any past experience with this drug used in such a way that they just take it however long before they go out every now an again? Did it help anybody come to a realisation? I'm kind of hoping that it'll make me realise that I've no reason to be worried if it does work.
Any past experiences to share?

Danfalc

Banned
I'm On Diazipam,I get it every two months to be taken in emergencies.You don't come to any sudden realizations sadly.It's not like an anti depressant in it changes your mood or how you feel,it act's like a sedative and just calms you down so you can cope in situation in which you would not normally be able to,due to anxiety.

It will help though and you should be able to enjoy yourself,about half an hour is normal enough time for it to kick in.You might not notice anything straight away but you will find your anxiety is no where near as bad when you get into a situation which normally bothers you.

I take diazepam 2mgs when I need it.. when anxiety gets high, thats usuallly twice a day.. so it only calms u down, no realisations.. and its not very addictive.. I dont take it the right way, but I've hear u should tak it like only 4 times a week...as many times a day as neseassary, but four times a week..:)

I thought about getting on Diazepam too! I have an appointment in a couple of weeks to see about getting on meds.

Can it be used for a long period of time?

Danfalc

Banned
Can it be used for a long period of time?

Not really.It's not meant as a long term treatment.Some people do get it prescribed for long periods of time,but even they are meant to not take it back to back every day.Tolerance builds very quickly so if you took the same dose every day for a few weeks,after a month you would need a higher dose.

It's the sort if medication you use before entering a high anxiety provoking situation,and it that regards it really helps.And it can be addictive..no matter what people say,not in the you will start selling your possessions way :D But like I said tolerance does build very quickly.That's why some doctors are reluctant to perscibe it.

BlaiseBLATES

Thank you for all your replies.
I'm going for my first test run using Diazepam on Tuesday and I'm pretty stoked.
I'm hoping because my anxiety is consistant when out which makes me then have panic attacks it will losen the constant anxiety therefore banishing the actual attack..
Thank you everyone again, it has helped me alot..