Dealing with ther parents and teachers

emmasma

I have been much more comfortable with myself the last seven years or so since I left my home town and quit tagging behind all my old partying friends. My panik attacks have all but subsided and I do not feel like I will die in my sleep of a heart attack each night. I just do not do the social scene and I am fine. I do not have any friends and I am busy and happy being a mom and do OK at my job.

Now my daughter is 5 last year in preschool she had a best friend whos house whe had to visit and one other birthday party we had to go to. These were both incredibly awkward for me. Now that she is in Kindergarten she rides the bus and I have to see the other parents at the bus stop who I have not spoken to or ment in the 6 years we have lived here. I can only see this happening more and I am not sure what to do. She is going to have friends throughout her childhood and it is my job as a parent to know the parents and know what she is doing.

Does anyone else have kids this age? What do you do?

Helyna

I don't know you or your story, but from what you're saying here, you have a perfect opportunity to make friends for yourself while your daughter grows up. You have a connection to the other parents: you both have a child the same age! So say hello, introduce yourself, and ask about their children. Seriously. It should help your daughter feel more comfortable, too.

emmasma

Well the thing is I do not want to be friends with these people, or even talk to them at all. It does seem that she is a social butterfly though and I am sure there will be "opportunities" galore!

This is one of the reasons I am considering getting professional help. Maybe some sort of medication to take the edge off while we get things going. I really do want to be involved in her schooling as well.