Day 2 off of amphetamine

Almost

day 5 and I'm finally happy again! I actually feel like living! Haven't thought of suicide in 2 days. Haven't felt this good in so long!

That's great Noca. I kinda wish at times that I was prescribed Adderall, I've taken it twice and it made me feel happy like I think I should be feeling normally. Oh well, I don't have ADD or anything so no chance of that.

FOR REAL

Banned
i used to take 'speed' a lot when i was younger. PLEASE DONT DO IT!!! it makes you completely paranoid and suicidal

@noca, im glad your doing well mate, keep us updated :)

Noca

Banned
That's great Noca. I kinda wish at times that I was prescribed Adderall, I've taken it twice and it made me feel happy like I think I should be feeling normally. Oh well, I don't have ADD or anything so no chance of that.

Short term use wasnt my problem. I was on Addy XR everyday since the start of September '09. At that point all the positive effects are gone and you are just left with the negative ones.

I don't regret being on the drug as it raised my average from 60% to 90%+. It just wasnt helping anymore.

Scooter

noca, it worked well at first but not long term? that doesn't fill me with hope! Did you find a gradual decrease in effectiveness or were there other factors? .....If you don't mind me asking

Noca

Banned
noca, it worked well at first but not long term? that doesn't fill me with hope! Did you find a gradual decrease in effectiveness or were there other factors? .....If you don't mind me asking

Gradual decrease in effectiveness. The drug "memantine" actually reverses tolerance to amphetamines and opioids, but I couldnt tolerate the appetite surpression/taste alteration that I experienced from my first dose I ever took so...

Don't worry, taste alteration only happens in 2% of amphetamine patients.

Noca

Banned
Can I ask what was happening to you that was so bad that u had to stop taking them? I seriously want to know. Did ur meds make you depressed? Or did the withdrawl make u depressed?

The Adderall XR altered my taste, destroyed my appetite to the point of eating 500 calories a day or less, and made me depressed constantly. It wasnt like that when I started it, just the last few months on it before I quit. Havent taken an Adderall XR since that day, only a few Ritalin for my exams.

i used to take 'speed' a lot when i was younger. PLEASE DONT DO IT!!! it makes you completely paranoid and suicidal

@noca, im glad your doing well mate, keep us updated :)

seconded ..and I mean the street whizz/speed/billy whatever you want to call it !!

The come down from whizz is so soooooooo bad it makes you take more just to stay up !!!

I had to lock myself away for a month to get off it ..and I aint ever taking it again.

well done op :D