dancing.

allieaust

my friend is really into dancing and wants a partner to practice with when he is home... but i have great trouble in doing this.. esp the expressive parts as the dancing is suppose to be sexy and very expressive..i do the steps and turns but i just freeze and feel so uncomfortable doing to actually 'dance' which means moving your hips and arms and so fourth..
it gets really annoying for him as he wants o dance properly..

He thinks i dont take it seriously.

I just really want to show him i care and i want to be fun to be around but it always come down to me being frozen and my mind being elsewhere.. and not being able to take alot of critizim. i just end up feeling bad about myself and seeming so rude because i am too self concious/centred .. :roll:

DDaKidd

Hi Allieaust.

Try telling your friend that you are a bad dancer, need to learn the steps slowly and that you are a shy person which feels somewhat ridiculous when dancing.

Even if it isn't true, if you tell him this, he will help you dance and will be less demanding.

This way, you will slowly start to dance more spontaneously and without that "freezing" sensation.

allieaust

well in my family we have found it hard to be expressive becaus of my dad's dominant side - tht whole side is very reserved to the point where they have no expression in their voice - and unfortunately i have gotten into that trait..

so it is very hard for me to have to let go and actually dance.. moving the hips and body is way hard for me and it gets me upset because i just cant do it - it's just so confronting.. and i dont want to be made fun of...

i have been.