damned if I do damned if I don't

weedle

With full blown social phobia and panic I am great in a commited relationship with the one I live with. I stay home and be the little housewife or whatever and never make a ripple. On the meds and free of panic I'm all over the place a mess. Meeting new people leaving one relationship to persue another. Having a two go on simutianiously. Holy crap is there a medium for me? I want to be free of fear without the extreme measures I seem to take when I am better.

lostboi

Just curious weedle what meds are you on?

Personally I'd be happy to be as free as you say you are when you are on them. I think you just need to temper you desire to be free and realize that there have to be limits with it. Odd what your describing almost sounds like bi-polar. but I'm no Dr. so I dunno.

weedle

lostboi

I was on paxil then effexor then zoloft. For the last 18 months nothing. paxil worked wonders but i seemed to be really impulsive and it went overboard from worrying too much to not having a care in the world to where Ilost everything and everyone. Yes it does sound like bi-polar, but I have been to a doc and he said that I have signs but not significant enpough to be diagnosed with it. IT just seems that on paxil I am very wild. I wold say effexor too because I made alot of huge things that changed my life forever while on it. But hey I wasn't scared. Paxil makes you gain TONS of weight really quick and is hard as hell to get off let me tell ya. Effexor(which my brother is on for the same thing as well) is so strong that missing just one dose makes you feel like your coming off a a years crack bing. YUCK. Zoloft is liek candy but it also makes you gain weight.

lostboi

I don't think I'v been on paxil yet.. . Zoloft and I did not get a long at all. I was on prozac at one point but that seemed not to be very effective. I'm on celexa right now.. and I'm not sure much it helps other than it seems to make me sleepy. I still have a bout the same level of anxiety I think. I'v been taking seredyn before leaving the house tho and that definatly seems to help some what. But when I get an attack.. not really anything helps. but time.. I am kind of wondering about the paxil now tho.

young

weedle said:
With full blown social phobia and panic I am great in a commited relationship with the one I live with. I stay home and be the little housewife or whatever and never make a ripple. On the meds and free of panic I'm all over the place a mess. Meeting new people leaving one relationship to persue another. Having a two go on simutianiously. Holy crap is there a medium for me? I want to be free of fear without the extreme measures I seem to take when I am better.

i'm confused. when you're off meds you're happy just sitting in your home doing nothing. on the pills your able to get past your sa and do things in life. but when you do things you get scared and nervous? am i following this right?

logitechdog

sounds like the drug should not be used at the moment there using something in it that is just as worse as the old drug types - and the mg your on did there start low or even try cutting the drug down if its doing so much damage - sound's like the person should not be subscribing you on the dose your on or even the drug your on and try a les stronger one with the same effects that it targets.

You should try some relaxation techniques or have a plan in place to stop u going overboard on not caring like a checklist or something just until it comes without checking the list so you don't go over the top...

weedle

to young

COnfused ya young? I wasn't happy sitting at home without the meds. I had to I was to scared to go and do anything. It felt like I was in prison. But then I took meds and it was like they released me from my prison and I went wild. Yes as someone said maybe I just need to try a lower dose. I have been off of meds for 18 months now and the panic and advoidance is back . I see a doc on tuesday so I will tell him about my tendancies. On paxil I took the highest dose the doc prescribes. Hey lost boi if you really want a hold of your panic try effexor. It;s as good as paxil without the weight gian, but you can';t miss a dose.