cyberbullies

Boundless

Well as its the net you can block them right? not sure if theres a law that prevents it,how can you really be bullied on the net when you can so easily avoid people? moderators on forums are there to stop that type of thing anyway.

Can you go into detail?

Septor

There laws against internet stalking but you really can't legislate trolls that want to make a ass of them self on the net.It's just one of these thing that goes with the internet.

B

I know cases of cyber bullying have been making the news lately in Canada, but I don't know if there's any legislation in place yet. When they talk about 'cyber-bullying' they're usually referring to groups of people who go to the same high school. There was a case where some girl got the shit kicked out of her and someone caught the thing with their cell phone camera and put that on the web. That would be pretty humiliating and was considered cyber-bullying. In another case some kid killed himself over the shit that was going on at school and then in chatrooms after school. It's not so much what happens between strangers in forums but between people who see each other every day offline.

marge808

i was also talking about people who post offensive/racist/sexist comments in social networking sites - seems they can still get away with it.

Septor

That's what happen when people know that they are anonymous and they cant get into trouble for there actions.There's not much that can be done about it other then coming to place like here where there are mods.