courage to talk?

kirikeks

Hey guys :)

This is actually my first topic,

So this one thing keeps happening to me and its kinda hard to get over this.

People at my workplace pretty much know me as quiet... they sometimes joke about it or say i should come out of myself more but thats just not as easy as it sounds.

Well lately i sometimes have things to say but im just NOT sure if it doesent sound stupid or is wrong or whatever.... then after a while someone else says it or i realise that it would have been better, if i just said it.... still i get that intense fear, as if theres a huge block infront of my head and then i just miss my chance....:kickingmyself:

What do you think about this? does that mean i need more courage?

Thanks,

greetings, kiri

Last edited:

MotherWolff

Banned
You and everyone else on this forum do not have to put demands, expectations, or obligations on themselves or anyone else. But that is exactly what you're doing.

Its ok to do things because you really want to(becoming "courageous" by being more talkative).
Not because other people tell you that you should.

You, me, and everyone else does not need anyone's approval on anything we choose to think, feel, and do(unless of course its someone like your boss or something or you assume you might be overstepping their boundaries).

I sometimes feel like I SHOULD have said something but chose not to.

But I don't beat myself up about it. There will be even better opportunities headed my way. And yours too.

Just stop putting expectations on yourself please.

Husgen

The best way to win this fear is facing it. Just talk, and even if you feel akword on what you said, dont worry about it , face it as a normal thing. Self trust is the best to dont feel shy, cause even if you said something peoples dont like, just be self trust and no one will care on a negative way about what u said, they will face it as a normal thing :) Before i was like that, a lil shy to talk, but after i tried self trust, i never again had this feeling ^^