Could I be taking a PLACEBO?

whattodo1

I have been on sertraline 50mg for a couple of months now and it was working great. eventually I started taking 2 50mg (=100mg) and felt even better! Things were really looking up!!
I asked my psychiatrist to prescribe me 100mg pills instead because its cheaper so she did but ever since I have started using those I feel like I am starting to go back to my shy old self..
Is it possible that she could have prescribed me a placebo?
Is there any way of telling whether my medication is placebo on the package?

whattodo1

Well, she wouldn't have prescribed you a placebo, that would be unethical; however it *may* be that you have been sold counterfeit medication, produced overseas that doesn't contain what it should. Is this possible?

WHO | Medicines: counterfeit medicines

No that wouldnt be posssible. I read online that many doctors are prescribing placebos nowadays so I dont think it would be unethical since many are doing it. I would be really mad if she prescribed me a placebo because the pills were working so goood! Magic pill ;P

No that wouldnt be posssible. I read online that many doctors are prescribing placebos nowadays so I dont think it would be unethical since many are doing it. I would be really mad if she prescribed me a placebo because the pills were working so goood! Magic pill ;P

What the....?
Placebo Effect - Placebos in the Doctor's Office: Opposing Views
Ring her up and ask her, surely she would have to admit if it was??

Its reminded me of a pain killer here that can be bought for 'tension headaches' or 'back pain' etc etc but is just the same thing in different packets