confused

nocklmnop

hello.
For the past five years, I have been falling deeper and deeper into reclusiveness. I am not sure if this was/is caused by mostly depression, or if it is social anxiety and depression. I recently started going to a technical college, so that does help me, in the sense that I am getting out. But I only go because I feel obligated to go.
Other than college, I leave my house about once every two months, if that. And when I do, it is only for very short periods of time. The only time I spend with people is when my eighteen year-old nephew visits once every few months. And I live with my mom, so I see her everyday, but our relationship isn't quite as great as it could be. I honestly cannot remember the last time I did anything with a friend. Which is probably why the only friends I have are online.
I barely eat (about the equivalent of a cheeseburger everyday), and I am very pale and skinny. Or so my mom says. But I don't believe I am annorexic or bulemic. I also only sleep for about 3 hours, sometimes two, everyday.
I have two friends on yahoo messenger, so I do manage to talk to people sometimes, but that just isn't the same as face-to-face conversation with people you actually know. Even though I am scared to death of face-to-face conversation, it does have its benefits.
What I am confused about is what it is that I am experiencing. Have I become so depressed that I just lack emotion? It does feel that way. Is this common, or is there anybody else here who is the same way as I am?
I am not sure what exactly it is that I am asking for in a reply. Any reply would do though.

nimrodel

I am not exactly sure it could be. I do know that I went through something similar last year - except for the sleeping part. I would sleep for 12 to 15 hours a day, but this only lasted for a week. It was really weird, almost like I didn't feel anything. Sort of like lost the will to do anything or even live really. Is there anything that you have found to help you in this regard? Maybe just spending some time enjoying the small stuff in live would change matters. I wish there was something else I could say, but I do hope it changes for you!

Take care.