Complete Recovery from SP-Heixi Therapy(3)-How we get SP

Jacky1980

I believe many friends here in this forum find some difficulty in understanding my post http://www.socialphobiaworld.com/postt11982.html,
It doesn't surprise me, I myself didn't understand it or believe it either when I first read it, not to mention you who may have cultural difference with me, but in the course of Heixi Therapy,I gradually experienced the curative effect, after I completely recovered, I realized it is the only way out for all the SP and other neurosis sufferers in this world.
Now I understand one remark from Mr. Heixi " You haven't recovered yet just because you have always tried the method you consider right, you never tried the method you consider wrong, sometimes the "wrong" way may be the only way out." believe me, friends, if you just want to feel temporarily relaxed and fall back into your nightmare after a perild of time,there are many therapies available,they can only be used to remove the symptoms for a short time. If you want to cure it once and for all, feel confident from the bottom of your heart, you should turn to Oriental Philosophy for help,try gaining access to it in your local place. That's the truth, I welcome any question even critisim.Here, I just share another article by Mr. Heixi "Complete Recovery from SP-Heixi Therapy(3)-How we get SP"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

None of those who is suffering from Social Phobia is confident!
They are all timid, dependant, of low self-esteem, sensitive, weak, just to name a few.
Oh! Friends, when were you deprived of such strong initiative in dealing with the external environment even animals possess?
You now become so dependant and passive.
A healthy person should fully know how to control the surroundings and how to control himself or herself. To those people, everything is undercontrol.
But to you, nothing is controllable.
Where is the problem?
Now let’s sit down, calm down and look back.
In your childhood, there might be a strict and bad-tempered elder around you, he or she might from time to time suppress your wish to make decision yourself freely, he or she might from time to time say to you “No, you are wrong” only because he or she didn’t like your decision.
One inhibition followed by another, you gradually give up your efforts to take initiative because you know it will not work.
What’s more, unconsciously you gradually followed the requirement from that elder, only by which you may gain compliment and approval from him or her. You began to inhibit your own wish just in order to cater for that person. You adapted yourself by being passive and obedient. Therefore, living such a life this way for many years has formed your personality, an inhibited “you”, like that a growing sapling with a thick trunk over it will never become straight but bent. “bent”, “deformed”, “distorted” or “inhibited” is the best description of your current personality.
All in all, personality is formed by environment, good environment leads to good personality while bad environment leads to bad personality.
Of course, we cannot conclude that all those who are suffering from Social Phobia has grown up this way, there still may be some exceptions, but on the whole, what mentioned above is a prototype.
Please pay attention to these questions:
Do you remember the first time the gaze from other people made you feel panic?
Do you think other “normal” person will react the same way as you when they are gazed by other people for the first time? How would they deal with such panic? How have you dealt with the panic?
Then the following questions:
Do you remember the first time you blushed? The first time you were suffering from “heart attack” when speaking to the public? The first time you felt ill at ease? etc.
How do you think other “normal” person will deal with these bad feelings or bad reactions such as blush, heart attack? How have you dealt with these bad feelings?

Whatever your answer is,
Let me tell you an ultimate truth: “Low self-esteem and self-denial is the essence of Social phobia!” .
Look how you describe yourself:
I am a wretched worm!
I am so stupid!
I am so weak!
I am afraid of death!
I am not good at communicating with people!
I am so nervous when I meet people!
I often blush!
I am so shy!
I cannot make myself feel easy!
I am so panic!
I dare not disobey my mother!
I mush follow my father’s command because he will shout at me, which will make me tremble!
I almost never fight other people.
I always compromise whenever there is a dispute.
I am a good person to all those who know me.
I seldom refuse the requirement from other people, even if I usually do that reluctantly.
I am so passive, always putting myself in great inconvenience.
I am so dependant, lacking in initiative.
My feeling or life is almost controlled by others, not me myself.
No! No! No!
Can I live this way on! No!
I will transform myself! I will change myself!
How will I do, let’ see.
Articles about Success! Biography of great man! The Hero in the movie or fiction!
I will use all these to present a new look! Here comes the new me! I will try to imitate those I admire, imitate their talking style, imitate their smiling way. Oh! I have become talkative, I have got rid of all the panic.
I carefully prepare for every chance of talking to people and to the public. I feel full of strength.
I am “seemingly” strong! I seem just like the hero or decent guy in the movie, they are eloquent and never panic over anything!
But is this true? You have truly got rid of you phobia?

Repeat:
Low self-esteem and self-denial is the essence of social phobia.

Here I will quote a remark of Buddism:
“You will never reach the target if you keep going forward, the only way to reach the target is to turn back.”
This the only way out:
Accept yourself, accept everything that belongs to yourself.
It is very difficult for you to fully and completely accept yourself, but if you don’t do that, you will suffer more and more in the rest of your life.
Turn back bravely, fully accept yourself rather than try to escape from it, it is the first step to recovery, and this is the step you must take if you really want to completely recover and never fall back into the trap of social phobia once more.
You always to want to become others, you are never willing to be yourself.
Oriental Buddhism once again tells us: “accept yourself, be yourself, there is no one is this world can escape from himself or herself and become others. “ This is the only way to success.
Be yourself, be the true yourself, only by doing that, Social phobia will gradually leave you.

LittleMissMuffet

Thanks for that, Jacky.

I think that those observations about how people were as children are quite good. I was physically weak as a child and was emotionally fragile and sensitive to begin with -but I was also treated in certain ways because of this. -My grandmother who was anxious and highly controlling would stop me from joining my cousins for a walk when I was a small child (and I say this because it is one of my strongest memories, involving anger and probably shame on my part). And my sister is a complete social butterfly, only in quite a socially domineering way. This certainly has effected my propensity for social anxiety.

But, I think that genes and environment can often work as a team -being that if you are born a certain way in a family with a shared trait, someone will be the 'weak one' and someone else the 'strong one'; just as, for example, my grandmother dealt with her anxiety a lot by dominating others around her.

As good as that information you gave is, I am still going with Mindfulness. -This is based on Buddhist ideas it self and is all about Acceptance which is what you stated was vital for conquering anxiety disorders.
I hope that you are wrong about MR Hexi's treatment being the only kind that could cure a phobia. -My only indications so far are the experience that I personally have with using Mindfulness as a cure for my phobias, but there is also the testimonies of others who have used Mindfulness-based techniques and believe that it has worked for them.

Again, Mr Hexi's treatment sounds interesting -so I will keep it as a possibility.

Jacky1980

Hi, littlemissmuffet,
I have given reply in my another post, please check it.
Also, I know that the article about Heixi Therapy is a little bit difficult for you all to understand, but as it is a real treasure, I will overcome all the obstacles to make it understood as much as possible.
Anyone who has questions or seek experience in complete recovery, please feel free to ask me.

Jacky1980

if all of you are interested, please read my article series all together, I wish it may help you

4seasons

I have read all these now and each post i read i feel better and feel like i may have found my answer to my problem. Thankyou.

Jacky1980

Hi, 4seasons,
Glad my post can help,wish you the best.

"Heixi Therapy Counseling Post" is stickied, please state there your symptom and problem. The chief counselor in our counseling center will try to help you out.

racheH

I believe the low self-esteem is often, if not usually, a result of the social phobia rather than the cause. My low self-esteem followed the onset of the phobia, and followed it right out again as well :)

glen108

I don't know about low self esteem. I usually don't get depressed and I'm generally happy I guess, but I just fear criticism like a son of a bitch which is why I fear any social situation including posting on this forum.

Marlene

I also think it is about selfesteem. I know we all are sensitive to critisism, think always that other will think negative of us, think that something is wrong with who we are.
I is really posible to have a good self image and high selfesteem and worry so much about what will other say or think?
if i would have selfesteem i would go in front of people to do a presentation with my shakey voice and hands, with my blushing i would not worry about it for a second. cause i would respect myself in enything and this simptoms would not be something shameful for me.And i would do it over and over again and would not feel so much fear about it.
if you think you have a high selfesteem maybe there is just one area of life that you consider shameful or inferior?