Citalopram

allochtoon35

Hi, I started to have medication 5 days ago. The name of the medicene is ''citalopram''. Has anybody experienced it? Did you get help from it or any problems about it?? Thanks

Danfalc

Banned
Hiya allochtoon35

Ive been on citalopram before but i changed because i didnt think it was working.But i dropped mood wise really badly after i stopped them so i think they did help.I didnt get any side affects accept it affected my sleep a lil at first.Hope they help ya

Ehsan

I have been on citalopram(60mg/day)-flouxetine and clonazepam scince 6 months ago. It's one of seveal drugs which is recommended for treating SP. I think that helped me a lot but note that it takes about 3 months to start its effect.
Several side effects are common for citalopram. For me weight gain and abnormal sweating are most important ones.

Foxglove

I was on Citalopram for about a year. It didn't seem to make me feel better. There were no more crash-and-burn episodes, like feeling so horrible that I wanted to do something drastic, but I never felt good, either. When I was sad, I couldn't cry. It just felt like all my emotions, good or bad, were suppressed. I also gained weight, even though the doctor insisted that the medication wasn't the reason. Don't let my negative experiences with Citalopram influence you, though. I think medication works differently in every person. What didn't work for me might very well work for you. I hope it works for you!

okkamsrazor

I was on Citalopram 20mg in 2006 then had to increase doasge by adding an extra 10mg! It seemed to work at first but then left me with a REALLY WEIRD sideeffect. So after 9 months, I came off it and replaced it with a more natural cure by a company called Traditional Tibetan Healing? It worked wonders for my depression - now im on their "anxiety support" blend.
Too early to tell if its working but will let you know :wink:

symphonyodd

I really liked this medication. However.. now.. this is WAY too much information.. but I couldn't acheive an orgasm to SAVE MY LIFE :evil: 8O :oops: Yeah.. so that had to go...

rado31

does any AD doesnt give u weight gain? There must be some, i have heard on telee but forgot its name. The patient claim that she got skinny of it/.

And what about clonazepam? Does it give weight? It is used for some sort of epilepsy? Any other good type of epilepsy cure to recommend?
SP is kinda a recurennt behaviour , u got upset but u dont fall unconcious luckily . One of my distant relatives has got epilepsy , those meds are a bit expensive but i would try them if they are helpin.