Chest Pains...

LittleMissScareAll

Anybody here ever have chest pain? :( Like a quick, sharp pain in your chest...off and on all day? I have, today. :cry: I think it may be caused from worrying too much or something, and then I worry even more each time I have a chest pain. I can't win either way. :?

Tryin

yeah i do, though not too often. when i had it for the first time, i thought for a while that it was the heart attac :)

DYiNG-iNSiDE

yah i get that too every once in a while it lasts a couple of minutes and it feels like a knife through your heart if you move or breath normal :/

LittleMissScareAll

Mine's just every once in awhile.....I always think I'm having a heart attack when it happens too. 8O And I don't think it's heartburn, I've had that before and it's a completely different feeling. I've been trying not to worry so much and I haven't had any problems lately... since I haven't been with my ex, I dont worry as much...well I did for a week or 2 afterward but now I realize I'm better off and he made me worry alot anyway.

Scottish_Player

I get those pains aswell, like a sharp shooting pain and i cant breath properly, ive had it since i was about 15, i can remeber it happening in school, i went to the doctor about it 2 years ago and she put a stehascope on my chest and sayed i was all fine and dont worry :roll: i still get them to this day. She said" i can send you for a chest scan but i dont really like sending people who have nothing wrong with them". So that put me off

thequietone

Is it a different feeling from a panic attack? Cause during really bad panic attacks I'll get pain in my chest and down my left arm...and because I know that is classic heart attack symptoms I get even more freaked out! Chances are it isn't a heart attack, but a panic attack. People go into hospitals all the time for that kind of thing and doctors can't find a thing wrong with them. If it's a smart doctor, they'll probably ask you if you have any mental health problems and will know about panic attacks.

TAMPA-BAY

weird chess pain

I ve had those all my life. They don't happen often maby once every 4 months but when it happenes it gets my attention.

I ts verry hard to breath. Ive told my doctor many times but when they checked they said i was as healty as a horse.

Dane

I get chest pains too very frequently.

I spoke to my GP and he just said "You'd be amazed how many people go for scans every year just to find it's all in their heads", I didn't really find that comment very helpful at the time, but I'm sure he was right.

I'd wish scans were less expensive and that there were no waiting lists, so I could have a 'peace-of-mind' scan.

I managed to sort of make myself think it was indigestion, so for a while antacids seemed to make me feel less panicky - unfortunately my brain has got clever to that trick now, dammit!