Cheer Up Topic- Your Faves!!

LemonKiss

I don't know about you guys, but I love to tell people my faves and I love to know other people's too. It's always cool to be like OOO someone else likes that too? Who knows, maybe shybies like a lot of the same things. jk.

FAVORITES:
Movies: Heathers, Donnie Darko, Lord of the Rings, Sleepy Hollow, The Gift, Fight Club
Books: The Perks of Being a Wallflower, You Don't Know Me, Harry Potter, Gingerbread, Cut, Wasted, What Happened to Lani Garver
Actors: Johnny Depp, Giovanni Ribisi, Edward Norton
Actress: Angelina Jolie
Holiday: Halloween
Music: The Killers, Simon and Garfunkel, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Janis Joplin, The Greatful Dead, Kanye West, Fallout Boy, U2, James Taylor, The Von Bondies
Foods: Ramen noodles, bagels
Intellectual topics: psychology, philosophy
Things to Do: listen to blaring music while day dreaming in bed snug under the covers with my puppy sleeping next to me, laughing really loudly at funny movies, reading, thinking, dancing!!!!!!, singing, playing guitar, talking to people I love, looking at the sky and baking cookies.

Now what about you? You can add what you want.

stardog

great idea LemonKiss! :p

Some of mine...

Movies: Shawshank Redemption, Saving Private Ryan, Dogma, Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey, Star Wars IV- VI
Books: Northern Lights trilogy, LOTR
Music: Pearl Jam, Radiohead, Prodigy, Pixies, Supergrass, Faithless, Zero 7, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, Silverchair, Sonic Youth, REM, The Who, Jeff Buckley, Little Feat, Primal Scream
Hobbies: Music! Playing guitar, piano, making music, listening to music whenever I can...oh yeah I come on this site a lot too I suppose it's a hobby

magda74

These are a few of my favourite things....

Movies: Clash of the Titans, Excalibur, Harold & Maude, The Cook The Thief His Wife and Her Lover, Napoleon Dynamite, Aliens, Breakfast Club, Lord of the Rings, Matrix, Contact and Blade Runner and any movie with Shirley MacLaine.
Books: Great Expectations, Jitterbug Perfume, The Artist Way, The Lion The Witch & The Wardrobe, Awakening The Buddha Within, The Davinci Code and any good psi fi.
Actors: Johnny Depp, Steve Buscemi, Edward Norton, Jack Nickolson and Christopher Walken
Actress: Shirley MacLaine, Sigourney Weaver, Kate Blanchette and Juliette Binoche.
Holiday: Halloween as well
Music: Kate Bush, Bjork, Sonic Youth, The Breeders, Radiohead, Fiona Apple, Sade, , Feist, PJ Harvey, Prince, The Organ, Earth Wind & Fire, James Brown, Blondie, The Arcade Fire, David Bowie and so on and so on
Foods: Greek, Thai or Indian
Intellectual topics: design, the arts, conspiracy theory, philosophy & sociology
Things to Do: I like my music very loud as well, singing, dancing around my apt., sketching, gardening, watching thunderstorms and going on road trips (the best).
:)

redlady

Here's some of mine.

Movies: 9 to 5, The Monty Python Movies, Hideous Kinky, Occasional Course Language, Anything with Jet Lei...i love him, Firestarter, Shirley Valentine, The Nightmare before Christmas...........
Books: Any book of Clive Barker's that i have read, Terry Goodkind's wizards books...only up to the point before he got all stupid with them, All of Sara Douglas's trilogies that i have read.
Music: 80's (i love pop afterall) Daft Punk, Orbital, Classical, I bought this cd 'Celestial Harmonies' which features music from around the world...heaven, Enya, Enigma, Prince, Madonna's early stuff..when she was clean, U2......
Food: Lettuce sandwiches, Spagetti bol, Cadbury chocolate, Chocolate milk, cashews.
Actresses: Bette Midler, Lily Tomlin
Actors: Robert De Niro, Sam Rockwell, Robin Williams
T.V shows: The Simpsons, Seinfeld, South Park, Myth Busters, Spicks and Specks, Anything English Comedy.

MaGuS

Hello...

Movies: Anything Funny ... sometimes I like sad romantic movies too.

Currently Read[ing] Books: Meditations / Flow / Living Buddha, Living Christ / Teachings of the Buddha / The meaning of Jesus / Love / Reflections on Loving / Da Vinchi Decoded / Self-Help Books / etc.. etc.. / and art & math books.

Music: Classical but sometimes I get bored with it and need "louder" music.

Food: Lots of fruit and vegs & fish

Hobbies: Running / Chess ( if you play let me know ) / Reading / life / Art

Current Major Goal: To be a man of true character / Live Well / Help the world

Major Life Goal: To be content / Live Well / Happy / Unafraid / True

redlady

Forgot my favourite poets and artists :roll:

Poets: Shakespeare, Bruce Dawe, Christina Rossetti
Artists: Anyone from the Renaissance ALL!! of them were masters for crying out loud, Salvador Dali, Peter Paul Rubens, Lin Onus, Anyone who dabbled in post impressionism - notably Van Gogh and Monet - Frida Kahlo.

UnReal

Music: depeche mode, enigma, atb, madonna, tiesto, moby
Movies: Kill Bill, Gladiator, office space, matrix, ninja scroll, LOTR trilogy, 5th element
Books: 1984, Homeland, Sword of truth series, Elfstones of shannara, Return of the king
TV Shows: family guy, simpsons, futarama, oz (1st couple of seasons), sopranos, dexter's lab
Actresses: Salma Hayak, Angelina Jolie, Kristin Kreuk
Actors: Johnny depp, Bruce willis

Other stuff: driving in nice weather, unexpectedly hearing one of my fav. songs, thai / indian food, yummy cheesecake, spending time with friends who I haven't seen for awhile, opening packages that Ive been expecting in mail forever and the list goes on! and on!

jamez

Movies: Fight Club, Raging Bull, Rocky, American Beauty
Books: Kurt Vonnegut, Roald Dahl, Paul Jennings
Music: 2pac, Eminem, Aerosmith, Red Hot Chilli, Jack Johnson, Foo Fighters and more!
Food: Pizza, Chocolate
TV: South Park, Family Guy, One Tree Hill, The O.C., My Name Is Earl
Actors: Johnny Depp, Edward Norton, Brad Pitt, Robert De Niro
Actresses: Salma Hayek, Eliza Cuthbert, Zhang Ziyi, Kate Winslet
Holiday: None really, maybe Christmas
Intellectual topics: Boxing, Cricket, Tennis
Things to Do: Computer, Internet, Games, Tennis, Basketball, Singing, Reading

2QuietForThem

Movies : Shawshank Redemption, Batman 1, Star Trek II and III, the Rocky and Rambo movies, Color Purple, Purple Rain, The Waterboy, Independnce Day, Armageddon, John Q, Crimson Tide
Books: Anything from Stephen King

Music: Prince, Luther, 70s and 80s pop and R&B

Food: 20-piece chicken nuggets w/ sweet and sour sauce (Woo!), chicken, fried fish, pizza, pork chops, turkey, honey ham

Actresses: Angelina Jolie, Sandra Bullock, Halle Berry.

Actors: Jack Nicholson, Denzel Washington, Donald Sutherland

Fave celebs in general: Prince, George Clinton, Steve Harvey, Bill Cosby,

T.V shows: Spongebob Squarepants ("Bring it around town!"), Andy Griffith Show, WWE Wrestling (Undertaker!), Law & Order SVU

shyandnumb

It sounds like fun. I going try it, too. :)

Books: The Seventh Heart, The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (a childhood favorite), Of Two Minds, More Minds, Howl's Moving Castle, The old and new Dragonlance series, The Giver, The Anita Blake Vampire Series, Historical and Supernatural romances, What do you say to a Naked Elf?, Sister to the Rain, etc.
Music: All kinds except rap
Movies:Witchblade 1 & 2, Mummy 1 & 2, Animatix, Matix, Nightmare Before Christmas, Spirited away, Castle in the Sky, Old fashion romances, etc.
Shows:The anime shows on Adult Swim and Cartoon Network, Beyond Belief, Ghost Hunters, Moving Up, Trade Spaces, Nova, Mystery Theater, The Most Scariest Places, etc.
Colors: All shades pf blue, green, purple; silver, black, brown, & white
Online sites:Games, fanfiction (mostly anime), poetry, forums, and quizzes

LittleMissScareAll

FAVORITES:
Movies: Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Freddy Got Fingered, Strangeland, May, Willard, Carrie, Halloween, The Lost Boys, The Crow, Scare Crow, The Nutty Professor, etc.
Books: Carrie by Stephen King, Valentine by Tom Savage, Vampire books, other horror books
Actors: Tom Green, Ted Danson, Anthony Hopkins, Eddie Murphy, Jared Leto, Jim Carrey...
Actresses: Angela Bettis, Emily Perkins, Thora Birch, Angelina Jolie, Rose McGowan
Holiday: Halloween
Music: Metal/Industrial/Rock...way too many bands to name but here are a few- Alice in Chains, Marilyn Manson, Trivium, Earshot, Bile, Godhead, Zeromancer, Kidneythieves, Switchblade Symphony, Nirvana, Crisis, My Ruin, 30 Seconds to Mars, Jack off Jill, Orgy, God Forbid, lots of others....
Foods: Pizza, anything Italian pretty much
Things to Do: acting, movies/tv, music, writing, drawing, internet, etc.

Boundless

FAVORITES:
Movies: Deep rising,final destination1+2,war of the worlds - loads more
Books: not much for reading
Actors: samual l jackson,jackie chan,jet li
Actress:
Holiday: halloween/fire works night :p
Music: mixture,mainly metallica,ensiferum,children of bodom,linkin park.greenday
Foods: chips,pizzas,spaghetti bolognese,chicken curry.
Intellectual topics: history,geography.
Things to Do: internet/online games,spending hours on the phone to my girl,
watching t.v,occasional bike ride.

lostboi

Faves:
Motion pictures:
FW. Murnau's FAUST, Nightmare on elm street, Something wicked this way comes, the shining, Ghost story, 13 Ghosts, Sean of the dead! Hell raiser. Amity ville Horor, The prophecy, Nightmare Before Christmas, Young Dr Frankenstien,The fog, Evil Dead, The keep Necromantic, Firestarter, Pi, Name of the rose, Mulin rouge, Metropolis,Shawshank Redemption, The power of one, Schindlers list, Brazil, 1984, Hardware, Cube, Blade runner, Omega man, O' brother where art thou, Mesquito coast, Photographing Fairies, Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, Garden State, Tron, Tempest, Aliens,Corpse Bride.. (IT WILL BE GOOD) ANTYTHING MONTY PYTHON...AD INFINITUM

Books and authors:
Lasher Memnoc the Devil Anything by Anne Rice. vampire erotica, Imajica, Skin craft, Weaveworld anything by Clive Barker, The anansi boy's Neverwhere anything Neil Gamon does is briliant. Christine, The stand the shining. Fucaults pendulum, The celestine prophecies, davinci code (even though it's a bit sophomoric )etc.

Actors: Christopher Walken, Anthony hopkins, Sean Connery, River Pheonix (I don't care that he's dead he was an awsome actor) etc..
Actress: Helena Bohnam carter *swoon* Natalie Portman, Thora Birch grrr.. Kate winslet, Nicole Kidman Shelly duval (she's just freaky) Sissy spacek.

Holiday: All Hollows EVE, Halloween Hells EVE..etc..

MUSIC: OMG ok.. here we go.: I'll try to keep this short.
NiN, MM, Tool, Rammstein, Cubanate, Pop will eat it's self, Assemblage 23, Skinny puppy,Kraft Werk, Vinterkelt, Wolfshiem,Velvet acid christ, switchblade symphony, him, Gustav Mahler, Christian death, Einstürzende Neubauten, Art Zoid, psychic TV, Genesis P-orridge, my chemical romance, Square pusher, Autechre, Depeche Mode, The smiths, Bad religion, Social distrotion, the damned,Godhead(even tho jason annoys me), Dead Kennedys, The Ramones, P.I.L., Giorgio Mordor, Motzart, Suicide Commando, Echo and the bunny men, Gary newman, Dead Can dance, Delerium, Love spirals downword, Frontline assembly, Bauhaus, VNV Nation, Razed in Black, Q'ntall, Fields of the nephilhim, Apop, Covenant, Iris etc. etc. etc.
Food:
Pizza (the gourmet kind) Chinese (just no fish) Mexican mmm. Carne Asada burrito's..
Cool things:
Writing music, singing, recording, sequencing, Designing, drawing, working on graphics, building a website, Painting on canvas, chilling out listening to new music. Dancing by my self alone. Waxing philosophical..etc

PhantomPod

Movies: The Phantom of the Opera, Dear Frankie, About A Boy, Super Troopers
Books: The Shopaholic Series, Can You Keep A Secret?, The Undomestic Goddess, The Da Vinci Code
Actors: Gerard Butler, Matt Damon, Hugh Grant
Actress: Lauren Graham, Sandra Bullock
Holiday: Christmas
Music: JC Chasez, Straylight Run, Kenny Chesney, Fall Out Boy, The Killers, Journey
Foods: Chicken, muffins
Intellectual topics: psychology
Things to Do: Go on the computer, listen to music, watch TV and movies

my addition--
TV show: Gilmore Girls!!

kattness

Movies: girl interrupted,donnie darko,freddy got fingered,

Books: smashed growing up a drunk girl,girl interrupted,the bell jar,luxar park,the virgin sucides,prozac nation,the tickabell hilton diarys,sybil,love and death-who killed kurt cobain, an interview with a vampire,who will run the frog hospital,the professer and the madman.

Actors: Johnny Depp, Ben foster, hayden christenson.

Actress: Drew Barrymore,Britney Murphy,Angelina Jolie,

Holiday: no thankyou!!!!!

Music:NIRVANA! ,SLEATER-KINNEY!, RADIOHEAD!, ladytron, pixies, placebo, l7, garbage, juliette and the licks, and much much more....

Foods: chinese and currys (very hot dansak)

Intellectual topics: psychology!!!! art!!

Things to Do: Going to gigs,Playing guitar,drinking things over 30%, txting, reading, watching family guy and south park,trying to see the good things in life and people (HA!)

refined_rascal

Movies: Close encounters OTTK, School of rock, The angry silence (this is excellent if you ever get the chance to see it), Ice cold in alex...lots more too numerous to mention.

Books: Anything by Richard Dawkins, anything that denounces intelligent design, anything by Michael Crichton, the Aubrey/Maturin series by Patrick O'brien, the 'Sharpe' series by Bernard Cornwell.

Music: Marillion, Steve Vai, King Crimson, Motown, Ilike classical very much aswell. I used to love real heavy metal like Fear factory, machine head and Pantera, but you kind of grow out of that sort of thing at my age.

Hobbies: Photography, guitar, reading, drawing/painting, web design, annoying my neighbours.

I'm sure no one will ever read this!