Can't post things on facebook

Jus_lodge

Hey everyone, I was just wondering if there are other people that have a fear of posting pictures, statuses etc on websites like facebook, instagram or snapchat. Even just liking someone elses things is hard to do because I know everyone will see that I have liked something. It is easier for me to post on here because I don't know any of you personally but if someone I do know sees something I do, I feel they will analyse and judge me.

Merel

I have a similar fear on social media and it relates to specific people looking through my posts and adding me - coworkers who see only my professional side, a friend-turned-casual dalliance-turned-friend again from over a year ago who has an urge to comment on everything I post, and needy relatives who post gushing long-winded comments. I feel obligated to add these people because I have history with them or I'm forced to interact with them often. Maybe another part of it is I don't like being too accessible.

I remember Facebook used to let you disable anyone from friend requesting you, so the initiation of Facebook friendship is solely on you. If they would let you do that, I would re-activate my account - I'm afraid of the reaction I'd get from a person mentioned in the list above if they figured out I blocked them.

I tried to get into Instagram but I don't get the point, and I believe I may be slightly outside of the targeted audience's age bracket because I don't know anyone my age who uses it. I get follow requests from camgirls and don't understand why, because all my pictures are of trees or cats.

RegalSin

Facebook is not social media. Social media has exsisted before the internet was around. Facebook is an easy way to profile people and encourage uneeded laws to be created. Facebook is an key to destroying privacy among various citizens of the United States, the Common Wealth, and another nation on the planet.

I will admit that I do have phobias/paranoia's about facebook and in time I will generate one. However honestly it is an easy way to setup somebody. For example if somebody does not have an phone number, home address, or etc "THEY" whoever THEY are wants to have some form of communications to reach you. The internet is extremly free and easy to reach public. If everybody had an skype (or any communication program ) we logically would have free phone, However that privacy is being hindered as well.

Right now I do not feel that I am in an decent state to deal with facebook. If you have no problems with equalities and privacy then go right ahead and deal with that thing. I will admit I would be more active on that thing if it was not for problems with various rights.