Can you hear this tone?

LA-girl

AUCH!!!! :!: 8O I turned up the volume, because i thought it was difficult to hear! Now I guess I'm stuck with that tone for the rest of the day... :roll: (This time in stead of healing my headache, you actually provoked one!) :wink:
Well the only comfort is that at least I'm still young! :lol:

cLavain

Sorry about that, perhaps the post should have a warning! :wink: But you must have cranked the volume up seriously, the sound was pretty low to begin with!!

Hmm...it seems this trick isn't going to work on most adults, many of us can hear the sound just fine.

Mary

Its funny that you mentioned about this tone..I just saw a show about it and they were saying how kids or teens are using it on their cell phones to call ea. other during classes and text message when they are not supposed to. Its wierd how as you age you no longer hear high pitched tones anymore..maybe we can all hear it because we can turn up the volume but on a phone it may be hard to hear. :wink:

cLavain

Actually, as far I understand, it's not about the volume, but the pitch. Like a dog whistle, it's really loud but most human ears just can't hear those high tones regardless of volume...

cLavain

Yes, it's a constant high pitch sound, almost felt more than heard. To me, it's the sound of a very sharp needle, if that makes any sense! :) Oooh, I'm poetic tonight!

bluenow

Thanks for the info.

That is so weirdly interesting. And it kinda pisses me off. I wanna hear it too :?

bluenow

dzerklis said:
yep i ive had this sound in my head sometimes when i was younger.

I played it for my kids and asked them what it sounded like. My daughter said like the sound she hears in her head sometimes. She said kinda like when you hear ringing in your ears but it's in her head. What the hell does that mean????

bluenow

I heard it, I heard it! Haha. I played it loud. Yea - like a needle going through one ear, thru your head and out the other. My husband heard it right away. What a trip. Or am I the trip? :p

Warlock

I hate that sound. Its my second least favorite sound in the world. My least favorite is the buzzer on my alarm clock.

I think they are using it on the television!

Maybe its my tv. The next time I hear it while watching TV I'll try another tv.

dzerklis

bluenow said:
dzerklis said:

I played it for my kids and asked them what it sounded like. My daughter said like the sound she hears in her head sometimes. She said kinda like when you hear ringing in your ears but it's in her head. What the hell does that mean????

i have no idea but its my third least favourite sound in the world hehe the least favourites are Dido's and Coldplays singers voices, i want to shoot myself when i hear them.

bluenow

dzerklis said:
bluenow said:
dzerklis said:

i have no idea but its my third least favourite sound in the world hehe the least favourites are Dido's and Coldplays singers voices, i want to shoot myself when i hear them.

Do you think it's possible that you were hearing this sound from an outside source?

dzerklis

Bluenow no, it was in my head. i dont understand it either. maybe it is caused by a part of the brain that will provide thelepatical communication for the future people hehe

renegadee

Warlock said:
I hate that sound. Its my second least favorite sound in the world. My least favorite is the buzzer on my alarm clock.

I think they are using it on the television!

Maybe its my tv. The next time I hear it while watching TV I'll try another tv.

Yes, TV sets are using a machine that creates a 15.000 Hz sound. So your tv is ok. :wink:

BTW, if u want to know how high you can hear, there is one program, called TrueRTA. It can generate sounds at every freq you want. Oh, and you got to posses a hi fi audio system.. :)