Can you get Botox on the NHS?

james2009

Is it possible to get botox injections for underarm hyperhidrosis under the NHS? Im getting botox done in a couple of weeks before i start my police training and preying its gonna work. But i wondered if anyone has got this treatment on the NHS before?

J

james2009

Oh right cool, how effective did you botox then? How much less did you sweat and how long did it last?

Also have you had retrodermal curettage treatment from Dr payne yet? Im getting botox for my underarms in 2 weeks before i start my police training, then im booked in with dr payne for november!

teandtoast

the botox worked quite well worth trying ...maybe lasted 2 months or so then gradually became less effective
after u had the botox dont shower for a couple of days i found best

re dr payne remember i mentioned he wouldnt do for me

james2009

brett87 im booked in with dr payne in november. For a initial consultation at 11 and then possible treatment at 3. Was this what happened with you? I guess you just go through your problems with him in the 1st appointment? Did you drive home after treatment, were you far from his clinic?

brett87

i live in south wales so i stayed in a hotel for the night up their and went to see him in the morning before i went home. i i had a consultation at 11 and the procudre was supposed to be at 1 but when i had my consultation he will talk to you about your problem. and how the procudre will help he also makes lie on a bed and does a full look over on your body with a microscope and even looks in your mouth he checks every where. and all that took an hour so straight after he said would you like me to do it now so he gave me 3 pills to take and then told me to go for a walk for half hour and then come back and as soon as you get out of the building to outside you will feel all wobbly like you are drunk. i went back then for 12:30 and he done it then and dont worry about the injections and the noise of the scraping cause the tablets make you relaxed and drowsy good luck and let me know how it went.

james2009

So did you drive home on the same day after having it done? How long did it take and how much?

How long since youve had the proceedure and how much less do you sweat now?

J

brett87

it cost me £885 for the consultation and procedure the procedure its self takes about an hour after i had mine i stayed up london for the night in a hotel i would say that the sweating have stoped by 95% its been 4 months since ive had mine and i havnt had 1 sweat patch since.

james2009

did you pay for yours via insurance? I dont have any type of medical insurance, so i guess i just have to come up with the money. Im realy pleased yours has worked for you!

i remember you saying your sweating was more anxiety related, which is just like mine. Do you think you could do a big presentation infront of 100 people and not have a sweat patch do you reckon?

brett87

yea i could do a presentation in front of 100 people and wouldnt sweat at all i didnt have insurance either so had to come up with the money.

brunettee

i had it done once on the nhs about 4 years ago ,then i had to pay private i was told they didnt do it on the nhs after that,but ive been lied to that much from these doctors nothing would suprise me x