Can anybody tell me what to do?

Ericisme

Ok so i got Social Phobia like probably a year or 2 ago, im 17 now. I dropped out of high school then to and then I gained weight. I basicly had no future so i thought about killing myself dozens of times. But i think i changed my mind, ive been losing weight(kinda hard)so i figured i should try again. But then i just looked online for some online diplomas and there expensive as shit. My mom already can barely afford to get me alone healthy food so i always just try not to eat(its always kinda fattening\cheap stuff she gets). I really cant go back to an actual school and cant get a job without a diploma, so should i just go back to plan A? To be honest one reason why i didnt decide to killl myself lil while back is cuz thats gonna cost my mom money for funeral or whatever else.

Any tips or ideas?

Xos

Hi, Ericisme. Well, i think that if you decided to lose weight and achieved it, that means you are really much stronger in your mind than what you may think. That can tell you that if you really mean something, any effort, you can get it , whichever the difficulty.
You are very young, so, don' t worry, you' ll get the strength and courage to get over your phobia.
If you' ve managed to lose some weight (what i' m trying to do and honest cannot :cry: ) then you can do other things for you.
Have luck!!!!!

TheMike

dude ... I mean ... it's so hard to answer something like that. I can imagine how horrible you must feel right now.
Well I'm 17 and I know how lame life seems right now. I can relate. But don't loose hope, that's what's important. You seem like an awsome guy who just hasn't gotten much luck so far, and that kind of sucks ... alot ...
You should try and get in touch with your friends ... Are you open about your situation with like people around you?
Well I wish I could help you more. PM me anytime or add me on msn if u ever want to talk about anything :roll:
Oh, and I think that you should try and think about making your own money. And getting to school somehow. Having some kind of diploma is going to make life much easier later on, you don't want to make the mistake of skipping your entire education ...

of_darkness

I don't get it, it's so odd that you said you can't afford healthy food, what does that mean? You don't get fat off just non-healthy food...I really don't get what's up with your mum, there are plenty of ways to buy normal food cheaply.. really odd, that. I'm a student now in my first year of uni, and I can buy cheap food easily enough. And what do you mean you "got social phobia"? did it suddenly happen?

sorry but I'm just so confused by your post. Quite a few people dropped out of my school at 16 and they're fine. You don't need a "diploma" to get a simple job do you? where are you from? Did you do GCSEs? it really sounds like you're making it hard for yourself by totally putting yourself down. I hate seeing these 17 year olds (I'm 18 ) and younger talk about trying to kill themselves as if having this problem is holding them back from being happy. what do you even want? do you want loads of friends to flock around you and be amazing at talking? You may think you would, as do I sometimes, but you're forgetting one simple thing if you do, which is that deep down, you are you. You may have colossal problems socially on a normal conversation basis but once that's sorted, you're still a quiet person by nature, right? so take a step back and notice that, and make the most of it. People don't care, to be honest. Quiet guys are quiet guys, it's nothing to laugh about, it's perfectly acceptable to be like you. Just find a job and get out more, you'll notice the difference.

oh and about you mum having to pay for a funeral, that's the most ridiculous thing ever. those sort of thoughts along with suicide are your problem

Ericisme

Ya, my brain is rather bad, I know, don't have to remind me. Hard for me to comprehend things for some reason. Some HELPFUL ppl on OTHER forums pointed out i should get my GED, thats what im doing. Past week I have been studying online for it, and a month or so I will try to take the test at local school. Cheap food, for us a meal half the time is 2 1$ burritos at taco bell or somthing from mcdonalds, my sis has a job now and shes the only person that cooks. Thats 2$ compared to like 5$ healthy sub(the 2 burritos weigh more then a sub) at subway, or somthing like that. Thats only half the time tho, usualy its just some fatty meat cooked up on the grill. But...my mom got some bags of salad, that is plenty better, it even ruins my appetite half the time, it don't even taste bad.

My social phobia happened over the summer, I just didn't go back to school. I had friends, in fact they kept coming over that summer and I just wouldnt leave. Now I take my dogs out for a walk few times a night for some exercise, think we got some drug dealers near here to, open 24\7. See them every night, ppl stopping by all the time, after I get my GED and a job thats gonna come in handy. Im not open about this anybody, don't have a counselor anymore.

"do you want loads of friends to flock around you and be amazing at talking?" What the hell does that even mean?

I need help with my Language Arts part of the GED, so if anybody could tell me if I messed up writing any of that, it sure would help.

of_darkness

by that I mean simply.. (you have SP right? I'm assuming you have serious social problems involving friends and feeling lonely too, as well as your education/health problems?) you may not have as many problems as you're making out. It wasn't a direct question and not offensive! Sometimes people think they want to be socially perfect and "normal" but with our problems, our view of normal is far from normal. I don't have any solutions education wise, that's something different. Though I think school would have been best. Can't you go back then?

Sorry if I was a little harsh, I only said it with good intent. Things aren't always so bad. You can have social phobia, sort out your other problems and get on with life. Do you get what I'm on about? I'm going to live with being quiet for a bit, and It helps me with depression too. I used to have colossal mood swings going right down but I'm happily accepting my life. And yeah what was plan A? Do what you can, and good luck, don't let this stupid SP get in your way as an obstacle, it's the least of your worries